Microsoft recently held its annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), which honoured partners for their business and technology expertise, and their ability to recommend solutions to meet the current and future needs of businesses all over the world.
During the conference, Microsoft awarded some of its partners with the “2016 MPN Partner of the Year award” including the Country Partner of the Year Awards that honour partner achievements in their respective countries:
- Softnet (Burkina Faso)
- INOVA (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Business Connexion (Namibia)
- Signal Alliance (Nigeria)
- Dimension Data (Rwanda)
- FTF (Senegal)
- Dimension Data (Tanzania)
Microsoft West, East and Central Africa (WECA) also rewarded their partners for excellence in specific competencies:
- Techno Brain (Kenya) for application development
- eSolutions Consulting (Ghana) for cloud packaged solutions and education
- Dimension Data Solutions (Kenya) for communications and cloud productivity
- The Cloud Factory EMEA (Mauritius) received the collaboration and content award, the data platform award as well as the data analytics award along with Currimjee Informatics (Mauritius)
- Full Technologies Formations (Senegal) received an award for hybrid cloud and infrastructure
- M-KOPA Solar (Kenya) received theInternet of Things (IoT) award
- ComputerPride (Kenya) got the learning award
- M2M Systems (Kenya) received the small and midmarket cloud solutions award
- Inova Solutions got the Windows and devices deployment award
- Elytis (Mauritius) was named distributor of the Year
- Eclectics International (Kenya) received the Microsoft Dynamics Industry award
- Novabase (Mozambique) received the government award
The Microsoft 4Afrika team received a special award for their contributions in upskilling interns and facilitating the MySkills4Afrika volunteer programme to bring skills from across Microsoft into Africa.
Finally, VeriPark received the General Manager Award for their partnership with Microsoft in developing products that drive great service and meet customers’ business needs.
“These partners and their award nominations were truly exceptional, and their accomplishments should be viewed as examples of excellence for every Microsoft partner. Their achievements have enabled clients to perform sufficiently and have given a unique level of autonomy to businesses that was just not possible before,” says Amr Kamel, General Manager (acting) for Microsoft WECA.
Held in Toronto, Canada, in July, the WPC brings together over 15,000 attendees from around the globe for a week of networking and learning, with the goal of increasing partner profitability and accelerating business growth. This year, Microsoft received over 2,500 nominations from 119 countries for the 37 global award opportunities.