SAN FRANCISCO—DREAMFORCE 2014—Oct. 13, 2014—Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) today announced significant progress in their strategic partnership announced in May. The two companies unveiled new joint solutions—including Salesforce1 for Windows, Salesforce for Office and Power BI for Office 365 and Excel integrations with Salesforce—at Dreamforce 2014, the world’s largest software conference.
“Our focus is on empowering every individual and organization on the planet to be more productive — and that’s exactly what this partnership will fuel,” said Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft. “I’m pleased with the progress our teams have made over the past few months and look forward to showing our mutual customers how Salesforce and Microsoft can help them do more from the cloud with their mobile devices.”
“Our customers have always been the heart and soul of Dreamforce and I’m thrilled to share the first milestones of our Microsoft partnership here,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “We’re committed to working with Microsoft to further our mutual customers’ success.”
At Dreamforce 2014, the companies will showcase solutions that connect the world’s most widely used customer relationship management platform to the world’s most widely used productivity solutions so customers can be more productive, including:
- Salesforce1 for Windows. Salesforce1 for Windows will empower customers to run their business from their Windows 8.1 mobile devices. The Salesforce1 app for Windows is currently available through an invite-only preview, with general availability anticipated for the second half of 2015. Customers can access Salesforce1 through Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 devices now.
- Salesforce for Office. Salesforce for Office will give customers access to the content they need to collaborate, sell, service and market from virtually anywhere, with:
- Salesforce Files helps customers unlock files from Microsoft SharePoint so they are mobile, social and can be used in the context of any Salesforce business process. Salesforce Files is generally available today.
- Salesforce1 integration with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and OneDrive for Business on iOS devices and Android phones will enable customers to seamlessly open, edit and save documents. General availability is anticipated for the first half of 2015.
- A new Salesforce1 App for Outlook will work with Microsoft Outlook 2013, Exchange Server 2013 and Office 365 to let customers access and manage their Salesforce information right from Outlook. General availability is anticipated for the first half of 2015.
- Power BI for Office 365 and Excel integrations with Salesforce. With these new integrations, customers will be able to bi-directionally load data to Salesforce and Excel to build reports, visualize information and discover new insights. Salesforce integration with Power Query for Excel is in preview now, with general availability anticipated for the first half of 2015. Power BI integration with Salesforce is anticipated for the first half of 2015. A Salesforce app for Excel is anticipated for the second half of 2015.
Today, Benioff was joined onstage at Dreamforce by Microsoft Corporate Vice President of Windows Marketing Tony Prophet to discuss the progress made in this strategic partnership, the new technology solutions and the benefits for customers.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce, salesforce.com and the Salesforce logo are trademarks of salesforce.com.
© 2014 salesforce.com. All rights reserved.