Overnight at CES 2016 in Las Vegas, Microsoft shared updates including global Windows 10 adoption along with the expansion of Surface Book retail availability in Australia. Today, Microsoft Australia is announcing local retail availability of Microsoft Band and the Surface 3 4G LTE. Check out the Windows Experience Blog or read below for more information:
In less than six months, Windows 10 is now active on over 200 million devices around the world.
• In less than six months, Windows 10 is now active on over 200 million devices around the world.
• With this level of adoption, Windows 10 has the fastest growth trajectory of any version of Windows – ever.
• One of the ways Microsoft measures progress is looking at how people are using Windows. Recently Microsoft reached another milestone, noting people have spent over 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December alone, spending more time on Windows than ever before.
• The first ever laptop built by Microsoft, Surface Book became generally available in Australia exclusively through Microsoft Flagship Store in Sydney and online Store from 12 November, 2015.
• Surface Book will be expanding its local availability into retailers JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman, effective 28 January, 2016. Surface Book starts in Australia at AU$2299 RRP and will be available for pre order in-store and online at JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman from today.
• Surface Book will also soon be available in Austria, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
• The latest fitness wearable device, Microsoft Band became available exclusively through Microsoft Flagship Store in Sydney from 12 November, 2015.
• Microsoft Band will be expanding its availability to Microsoft Store Online and into retailers including JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and select Rebel Sport stores as well as Rebel Sport online, effective 21 January, 2016, priced at AU$379.99 RRP.
• Microsoft Band will be available for pre order at Microsoft Store Online and Harvey Norman from today.
Surface 3 4G LTE
• Surface 3, the thin and light tablet which works like a laptop, will now be available in a 4G LTE version from 28 January, 2016.
• Light, portable, connected and perfect for mobile professionals, Surface 3 4G LTE 128GB (AU$979 RRP) will be available for purchase from Microsoft Flagship Store Sydney, Microsoft Store online, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman.
• In closing out 2015, Xbox had a strong 2015 holiday with Xbox One setting engagement and sales records.
• On December 28, more fans logged on to Xbox Live on Xbox One than any other day in Xbox history.