Manchester City will strengthen their hold on the Premier League by beating Tottenham this weekend, Bing has predicted.
Pep Guardiola’s team will record their seventh consecutive victory in the league on Sunday when they travel to White Hart Lane, Microsoft’s search engine has said.
Man City, who currently top the league with a maximum 18 points from six matches, have a 42% chance of overcoming second-placed Spurs, according to Bing. Tottenham have a 20% chance of clinching all three points, with a draw at 38%.
However, despite the win they will miss out on breaking the record for most consecutive victories in all competitions at the start of a season, set by Bill Nicholson’s 1960-61 Spurs team, after the Sky Blues drew against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday night.
Elsewhere, third-placed Arsenal will keep up the pressure on the league leaders by beating Burnley, despite losing defensive midfielder Francis Coquelin to injury. The Gunners have a 63% chance of winning, compared with Burnley’s 20%. The odds of a draw stand at 26%.
Chelsea have a 52% chance of beating Hull, while Liverpool will heap more pressure on Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin when they meet in Wales on Saturday. Bing gives The Reds a 44% chance of victory, with the home team handed a 26% chance. A draw is at 30%.
Everton, who kick off the weekend’s football action on Friday, are expected to beat Crystal Palace in their clash. The Merseyside team have a 66% chance of clipping The Eagles’ wings, while Palace have just a 17% chance of taking all three points. A draw is also at 17%.
Manchester United will make short work of struggling Stoke to stay in touch with the top four. Jose Mourinho’s team have a 78% chance of winning the match, with Stoke, who are currently 19th in the 20-team league, given just a 7% chance of victory. A draw is 15% likely.
Stoke goalkeeper Shay Given was the most searched-for player on Bing over the past week after he was dropped to the bench for last Saturday’s game against West Brom. However, the move failed to kickstart Stoke’s season, with Mark Hughes’ team held to a 1-1 draw.
Tottenham’s injured striker Harry Kane was the second most searched-for player, ahead of Manchester United trio Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcus Rashford.
Antonio Conte was the manager most fans wanted to know about following Chelsea’s defeat against Arsenal last weekend. West Brom’s Tony Pulis, Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe, Mourinho and Sunderland’s David Moyes rounded off the top five.
That hammering at the Emirates saw Arsenal emerge as the most searched-for team on Bing. The Gunners took top spot ahead of Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea.