Liverpool will beat Manchester United when the fierce rivals meet in the Premier League on Monday night, Bing has predicted.
Jurgen Klopp’s side, who are fourth in the division following their 2-1 win over Swansea prior to last weekend’s international break, have a 55% chance of taking all three points at Anfield, Microsoft’s search engine revealed.
His opposite number, Jose Mourinho, only has an 18% chance of masterminding a victory, according to Bing, with a draw at 27%.
A win for Liverpool would see them stay in touch with leaders Manchester City, who have a 66% chance of beating Everton on Saturday. Bing rates The Toffees’ chances of victory at just 17%, with a draw at 17%, too.
Second-placed Tottenham will sweep aside West Brom to keep up the pressure on Man City. Bing gives Spurs a 63% chance of winning, with the home side registering 20%. A draw is at 17%.
Bing expects Bob Bradley to lose his first match in charge of struggling Swansea. The American, who took over last week, has just a 15% chance of taking all three points in his Premier League debut against Arsenal. The Gunners, playing at home, have a 71% chance of victory. There is a 14% chance of a draw.
Diego Costa will be hoping to add to his goal tally against Premier League champions Leicester. The Blues have a 71% chance of winning at home on Saturday, versus Leicester’s 15%. A draw is 14%.
At the other end of the table, Sunderland will remain rooted to the bottom when they lose to their relegation-threatened rivals Stoke. Mark Hughes’ Stoke have a 55% chance of a win, which could lift them out of the bottom three, while Sunderland have an 18% chance of taking all three points.
Bing came up with its predictions using a complex algorithm that looks at player performance.
England and Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney was the most searched-for player over the past week following his demotion to the bench for the national team’s 0-0 draw against Slovenia.
All the top five stars that fans wanted to know about play for Manchester United – Rooney received 33% more searches than second-placed Paul Pogba, who was followed by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard.
Steve Bruce was the most searched-for manager after he became the front-runner to take over at Championship club Aston Villa. The former Hull boss gained 314% more searches than second-placed Francesco Guidolin, who was sacked from Swansea last week. Mourinho, Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte and Klopp made up the top five.
Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea were the most searched-for teams.
Tags: bruce, football, liverpool, microsoft, premier league, rooney