Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is set for a disappointing return to Chelsea this weekend, Bing has predicted.
The under-fire manager, who could be hit by an FA investigation over comments he made in the run-up to his team’s 0-0 draw against Liverpool on Monday, will travel to Stamford Bridge on Sunday for the first time since being sacked in December.
Microsoft’s search engine predicted there is a 41% chance Mourinho will only take a point from the Premier League match, with the next likeliest outcome a Chelsea win at 33%, followed by a Manchester United victory at 26%.
The draw will leave Manchester United, currently in seventh place, and Chelsea, in fifth, even further behind joint leaders Manchester City and Arsenal, who are both expected to win this weekend.
Bing believes Pep Guardiola’s Sky Blues will sweep aside Southampton on Sunday to notch up their seventh victory in nine Premier League games.
Man City have a 55% chance of winning, compared with 18% for Southampton. A draw is rated at 27%.
Arsenal could leapfrog Man City into top spot if their expected victory over Middlesbrough is two goals better than their title rival’s result. Bing predicted that the Gunners have a 78% chance of beating Boro at the Emirates, with the visitors given just a 7% chance of taking all three points. A draw is at 15%.
Third-placed Tottenham will keep up the pressure on the top two by beating Bournemouth, Bing claimed. Despite injured striker Harry Kane remaining on the treatment table for the clash, Spurs have a 76% chance of winning. Bournemouth have a 12% chance of victory, with a draw also at 12%.
Liverpool, who were left frustrated against Manchester United earlier this week despite dominating possession, have a 71% chance of getting back to winning ways against West Bromwich Albion, according to Bing. Tony Pulis’ side have a 15% chance of victory, with a draw at 14%.
The upcoming Manchester United-Chelsea clash is proving to be very popular among fans.
Man U captain Wayne Rooney was the most searched-for player on Bing over the past week, beating teammates Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcus Rashford, and Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson.
Blues boss Antonio Conte was the most searched-for manager. He beat Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp, Sunderland’s David Moyes, Hull’s Mike Phelan and Leicester’s Claudio Ranieri, who oversaw yet another Champions League win in midweek in the club’s first season in Europe’s top competition.
Breaking the trend, Arsenal emerged as the Premier League team most fans wanted to know about. Manchester United took second spot, followed by Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea.