Chelsea will fall further behind their league title rivals this weekend when they fail to beat Southampton, Bing has predicted.
The top three teams will all win their respective games but Chelsea, in fourth place, will only manage a draw in their match at St Mary’s on Sunday, according to Microsoft’s search engine.
The Blues have a 26% chance of victory, compared with 33% for Southampton and 41% for a draw. Gaining just a point will leave Antonio Conte’s men four points behind Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool, who all currently have 20 points after nine games.
Man City, who lead the Premier League with a +11 goal difference, will take all three points when they travel to West Brom on Saturday. Pep Guardiola’s men, who have stuttered in recent weeks after a blistering start to the campaign, have a 63% chance of victory, Bing concluded. West Brom, who are trying to move away from the relegation zone, have a 20% chance of winning. A draw is rated at 17%.
Fresh from their 2-0 victory against Reading in the EFL Cup in mid-week, Arsenal will continue their winning ways at bottom-placed club Sunderland. The Gunners, who have won five and drawn one of their past six Premier League matches, have a 76% chance of beating The Black Cats and putting more pressure on manager David Moyes. Sunderland have a 12% chance of victory, with a draw at 12%.
Third-placed Liverpool are also expected to win on the road this weekend. Jurgen Klopp’s men have a 76% chance of overcoming Crystal Palace, with the home side given just 12%. A draw is also at 12%.
Elsewhere, Tottenham are expected to beat current champions Leicester, while Manchester United will bounce back from their 4-0 loss to Chelsea last weekend and sweep aside Burnley at Old Trafford. The Red Devils, led by Jose Mourinho, have a 66% chance of beating Burnley, with an away win registering just 18%. A draw is 18% likely.
Manchester United star Paul Pogba, the world’s most expensive player following his £89m move from Juventus in the summer, was the most searched-for player on Bing over the past week. The midfielder scored twice in his team’s 4-1 win against Turkey’s Fenerbahce recently.
Pogba received more search engine requests than teammates Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcus Rashford, and Leicester striker Jamie Vardy.
Moyes was the most searched-for manager, with 36% more searches than second-placed Conte. Leicester’s Claudio Ranieri, Everton’s Ronald Koeman and Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe rounded off the top five.
The most searched-for teams were Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton.
Tags: arsenal, chelsea, conte, liverpool, manchester, united