The top four teams in the Premier League will break away from the chasing pack after this weekend’s matches, Bing has predicted.
Microsoft’s search engine expects Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester to win their respective games, while fifth-placed Tottenham will only manage to draw against sixth-placed Manchester United.
This will create a five-point gap between the fourth and fifth-placed teams with just under half the season played.
Antonio Conte’s Chelsea will record their ninth league win in a row on Sunday when they beat West Bromwich Albion, Bing has predicted. The Blues have an 86% chance of taking all three points at Stamford Bridge, with West Brom, who are seventh in the league, handed just a 4% chance of victory. A draw is at 10%.
Arsenal will remain three points behind the leaders by sweeping aside Mark Hughes’ Stoke. Fresh from a midweek match that saw them top their Champions League group and qualify for the next round, the Gunners have been given a 71% chance of victory against Stoke at the Emirates. The visitors have a 15% chance of winning, while a draw is at 14%.
Liverpool will bounce back following a shock 4-3 defeat to Bournemouth last weekend by beating West Ham at Anfield. Jurgen Klopp’s men, who led the Premier League at one stage before a draw against Southampton and the Bournemouth loss saw them slip back, have a 78% chance of victory against the Hammers. West Ham have a 7% chance of winning, with a draw at 15%.
Completing the Champions League qualification places, Man City will shrug off defeat against Chelsea last Saturday and overcome a trip to current champions Leicester. The Sky Blues have a 52% chance of beating The Foxes, who are struggling in 16th place this season. Leicester have a 21% chance of victory, with a draw at 27%.
At the other end of the table, Swansea will move off the bottom with a win over fellow strugglers Sunderland.
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney held on to the title of most searched-for player on Bing for another week. The midfielder beat teammates Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba, Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho and Tottenham’s Harry Kane to the top spot.
West Brom’s Tony Pulis has finally ousted Conte as the most searched-for manager. The 58-year-old finished ahead of Crystal Palace’s Alan Pardew, Conte, Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe and Sunderland’s David Moyes.
Arsenal remained the most searched-for team, racking up 20% more enquiries than second-placed Manchester United. Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton completed the top five.