Gamers will be able to play the Xbox One X in the UK for the first time at the EGX videogame event later this month.
The most powerful console ever made will be one of the main attractions at the show in Birmingham, where Xbox will have a more than 80 playable consoles and PCs at its booth.
Gamers will be able to play a range of exclusive titles and big-name games from Ubisoft and Warner Bros Interactive, among others.
Sea of Thieves, the shared-world adventure game made by Rare, will also be playable for the first time in the UK. Gamers play as pirates, and team up to sail ships, explore the world, find treasure and battle enemies with cannon, swords and muskets.
Other titles that will be playable at EGX include:
- Forza Motorsport 7 – the racing game features 700 cars, including the largest collection of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches ever. It has been created to run in ultra-high-definition at 60 frames per second
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – The sequel to the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, players can take their character behind enemy lines to forge an army, conquer fortresses and dominate Mordor
- Cuphead – A classic “run and gun” action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio have been created using the same techniques of the era – i.e. traditional hand drawn cel animation, watercolour backgrounds and original jazz recordings
- Assassins Creed Origins – Set in Egypt, the latest game in the popular franchise lets you uncover lost tombs, explore pyramids and discover historical figures such as Cleopatra
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) – The original real-time strategy game has been updated with all-new graphics, remastered sound and music and a smooth user interface experience
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PC) – A multiplayer online game that pits players against each other in a fight to the death using a range of weapons.
EGX is the UK’s largest videogames event, and will be held at the NEC in Birmingham from September 21 to 24.
It will be the only time gamers will be able to play the Xbox One X before it is released on November 7. A special edition version of the console, which had the words “Project Scorpio” printed on the console and the wireless controller, becoming the fastest-selling Xbox pre-order ever – beating the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One or Xbox One S consoles in the same timeframe.
Details about pre-ordering the standard version are due to be announced later this month.
The console offers 40% more power than rival devices. Its six-teraflop engine and built-in supersampling gives gamers better textures, smoother framerates and faster load times, even on a 1080p TV. Players can record game clips in 4K at 60 frames per second and capture 4K screenshots.
As well as several new releases, more than 100 new and existing Xbox One titles will be enhanced for the Xbox One X. These include Halo 5, NBA 2K18, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, ReCore: Definitive Edition, FIFA 18, Star Wars Battlefront II and Below.