Manchester City will extend their record-breaking winning streak in the Premier League by beating Tottenham on Saturday, Bing has predicted.
The Sky Blues notched up their 15th consecutive victory on Wednesday night by beating Swansea, putting them one clear of the 2002 Arsenal team, which won 14 games in a row.
Pep Guardiola’s men are expected to continue their march at the top of the league this weekend, with Microsoft’s search engine giving them a 45% chance of beating Spurs at the Etihad. The London club have a 32% chance of victory, with a draw at 23%.
The BBC asked Guardiola whether his team could get complacent. “That is not going to happen. We are so demanding for our players,” he said. “We can lose, we can drop points but complacency, it has never happened in the past, the present or the future. Winning 15 games in a row gives us a lot of confidence. If people are happy watching us, that is the best gift.”
The previous meeting between Man City and Spurs, in January, ended in a 2-2 draw.
Manchester United will ensure the gap to their city rivals remains at 11 points when they beat West Brom on Sunday. Jose Mourinho’s team, who lost to Man City last weekend, have a 50% chance of winning at the Hawthorns.
Man Utd have won 14 of the 22 top-flight meetings between the pair, although they played out a 0-0 draw when they met in April.
Spurs’ defeat to Man City will mean they drop to seventh after being overtaken by Liverpool, Arsenal and Burnley.
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds have a 40% chance of taking all three points against Bournemouth on the South Coast this Sunday. The victory will lift them up into fourth, the final Champions League qualification spot. A Bournemouth win is rated at 34%, with a draw at 26%.
Burnley will move up into fifth with victory over Brighton. The Clarets have a 50% chance of winning at the Amex, with a draw at 21%.
Arsenal will get back to winning ways against Newcastle, Bing Predicts, following The Gunners’ 0-0 draw against West Ham on Wednesday night. After that game, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: “I don’t want to talk about [the title race]. It’s good for headlines. City are too far away to talk about title at the moment. We don’t give up. Our job is to fight as long as we can and give our best.”
Arsenal have an 89% chance of victory at the Emirates, with Newcastle given just a 6% chance.
At the other end of the table, the bottom three will remain the same. Swansea will stay in 20th place after they slump to defeat away at Everton (55% chance of victory) on Monday night. West Ham will be one place above them after they lose to Stoke (50% chance of victory); while Crystal Palace will occupy the final relegation spot when they leave Leicester (55% chance of victory) empty-handed.
In the other games, Chelsea have an 81% chance of winning at home against Southampton, while Watford have a 46% chance of beating Huddersfield.
Bing creates its predictions using a complex algorithm that analyses player performance.
Tags: arsenal, Bing, chelsea, league, manchester, microsoft, premier, spurs