New Delhi, October 3, 2013: Music is for the soul, not just for the ears! Microsoft India today reflected the same thought when it announced the Coke Studio @MTV app on Windows Phone and Windows 8. Music lovers can now experience the soulful music produced in all 3 seasons of the popular show. Users can seamlessly download the video and audio content on their Windows phones and Windows 8 devices. This app is free and available for download from the Windows Store (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-in/app/db298a8a-33a5-48f3-a7f2-dd6f06c7f142) and the Windows Phone Store (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/cokestudio-mtv/c258ca7d-3297-4577-9a78-cf55e0be2554).
“We have been associated with all three seasons of Coke Studio as we have always believed in the project and the unique music content that gets created. Over the years we have carved a strong following and have seen a huge demand for the music. Today, we are happy to make this music available to all Windows users and we are sure music enthusiasts will cherish the music” Said, Sanujeet Bhujabal Marketing Director Sony Music Entertainment India.
The Coke Studio @MTV app powered by Windows Azure, Microsoft’s cloud platform, promises to offer the best experience to its users and listeners. The app conveniently brings to life the rich and diverse music styles offered by Coke Studio India, so users can enjoy independent, classical, folk, sufi and other popular genres of music from all the three seasons and episodes, on the go.
“As part of our ongoing journey to provide the best in content and entertainment, we are absolutely thrilled to announce the availability of the Coke Studio @MTV app on the Windows Phone store. Coke Studio India has left audiences captivated with the best quality of music in the most convenient and affordable way possible,” said Vineet Durani, Director – Windows Phone Business Group, Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
Users can download audio tracks from the current (Third) season – that will get updated as each episode goes live.
Pricing and availability:
Fans can download the Coke Studio music from the app starting (DATE. Pricing options are enclosed below.
- Season 1 audio and video (complete download) @$4.99
- Season 2 audio and video (complete download) @$5.99
- Season 3 audio (complete download) @ $9.99
- All the three seasons (complete download) @$14.99
- For Season 1 and 2 a single episode download will cost $0.99 and Season 3 single episode will cost $1.99.
Coke Studio Highlights
- The Coke Studio season 1 gave different Bollywood tracks recreated with a blend of regional and folk music with tracks like the ‘Bichuaa’, ‘O Majhi Re’, ‘Allah Hi Reham’.
- Season 2 saw the involvement of the most promising and creative music composers and their compositions like Clinton Cerejo’s ‘Madari’, Karsh Kale’s ‘Shedding Skin’, Shantanu Moitra’s ‘Pinjra’.
- Season 3 unveiled the best till now with A.R Rahman’s ‘Jagao Mera Desh’, ‘Zariya’ and Ram Sampath’s ‘Kattey’, and ‘Dum Dum Andar’.
About Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (NASDAQ “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software for personal and business computing. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to empower people through great software – any time, any place and on any device. Microsoft Corporation (India) Private Ltd is a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, USA. It has had a presence in India since 1990 and currently has offices in nine cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.