Microsoft cloud was launched from local datacenters in September 2015. It has been a year of tremendous cloud adoption in the country. Healthcare, BFSI companies in the country are using local Microsoft cloud to embark on their digital transformation. Technology start-ups and technology solution providers are using the Microsoft cloud to roll out innovative solutions that empower employees, engage customers, optimize business processes and transform business models. State Governments are experimenting with the cloud to solve challenges in education, healthcare and agriculture. 52 of the top 100 Indian companies listed on the BSE today use the Microsoft cloud (local and global). The company recently expanded its cloud access for local customers by enabling Web Direct and Cloud Solution Provider channels making it easy for developers and start-ups to use the local cloud.
Microsoft is the only cloud service provider with a full range of offerings that include Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), in addition to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) delivered from local datacenters in India. Microsoft offers its complete cloud services – Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online – from local datacenters
Early cloud adopters in India include:
- Leading Indian healthcare providers including Fortis Healthcare, Apollo Hospitals, L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Narayana Health, Max Healthcare are using Microsoft Azure, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, CRM online and Office 365 to enhance their efficiency and improve patient care.
- Leading private sector banks, Bank of Baroda, HDFC, ICICI Lombard, IDFC, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Axis Bank are using local Microsoft cloud, or innovative solutions from start-ups such as Cloudcherry and ZingHR running on local Microsoft cloud, to improve their operations and customer service.
- Microsoft has made it easier for these BFSI customers to move to cloud through use of private connectivity to Azure using ExpressRoute partners such as Tata Communications and Sify.
- Through Microsoft partner solutions, 22 of India’s leading insurance companies are using Office 365 and Azure from the local datacenter
- Several start-ups have developed innovative solutions for the insurance industry on Microsoft Azure
- CarIQ’s solution can be used for tracking driving behavior of customers, and calculate insurance premium based on an individual’s driving patterns. It can also help car owners track vehicle health.
- e-Meditek offers Health Buzz, an end-to-end healthcare insurance module that uses machine learning and analytics to provide insights that help the insurance provider as well as the customer.
- Cloud services from local datacenters have opened up new business opportunities for software solution providers and technology start-ups.
- Zing HR, Altizon, Cloudcherry, Resulticks, Ameyo and Shephertz run their technology solutions for their customers on Microsoft cloud
- iBot is working with Luminous Power Technologies (Luminous), a leading home electrical player in India, to launch next generation Connected Inverter. It runs on the Azure platform.
- More than 4,600 start ups in India are utilizing Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure and services.
- E-commerce pioneers PayTm, JustDial and Snapdeal are using machine learning, Bing, Skype and Microsoft’s digital assistant, Cortana, to drive business innovation and customer delight.
- The Andhra Pradesh government uses Azure Machine learning to predict which students will struggle/drop out of school across its 10,000 schools. Officials have created more than 600,000 predictions using Azure Machine Learning, revolutionizing how Indian local governments increase student retention.
- The Tamil Nadu election commission used Microsoft cloud to power the last Tamil Nadu state election. They used Microsoft Azure to enhance the electoral experience for citizens. They did it with interactive electoral information boards and live streaming of polling process from 30,000 booths on their website. Six crore voters in the state interacted with the commission via the Microsoft Cloud.
Microsoft Cloud services are adopted by customers across segments to begin their digital transformation journey through –
- Optimizing operations through cost savings, cloud based automation, IoT and operational insights.
- Embracing business transformation businesses through mobility, better customer relationship management, analytics and improved agility.
- Improving employee productivity through improved collaboration and new age ISV solutions on cloud.
With an open and flexible platform and productivity solutions, the Microsoft cloud is designed to fuel innovation and accelerate India’s digital transformation. By leveraging the potential of Machine Leaning (ML), Advanced Analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT), businesses and Governments will be able to explore new scenarios and find new solutions.