New Delhi, August 13, 2014 – Microsoft Devices today launched the Lumia 530 Dual SIM, the most affordable Lumia to date, in India. Delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations, Lumia 530 will be available in stores at a best buy price of INR 7,349/-starting August 14th, 2014. It will come with changeable cover shells in bright orange, bright green and stylish neutrals like dark grey and white.
|Nokia Lumia 530 Dual SIM_group
August 12, 2014
|Nokia Lumia 530_Dual SIM_front
August 12, 2014
The new Lumia 530 will provide a powerful entry to Windows Phone 8.1 with a Quad Core processor delivering faster and smoother user experience. It will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced at such an affordable price, allowing more people to enjoy Lumia innovations and Microsoft services similar to those offered in high-end Lumia smartphones. These include:
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 including one swipe notifications from Action Center, and the fast Word Flow keyboard;
- A powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that delivers a fast user experience of favourite apps, gaming and internet browsing on the 4-inch LCD display;
- Seamless integration with Microsoft services such as Skype and Microsoft Office, available right out of the box;
- Popular social apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat, plus key gaming apps such as Asphalt 8, available in the Windows Phone Store;
- Dual SIM feature for easy switching between two SIM cards,
- Smooth performance with signature Lumia apps such as Creative Studio and Glam Me, which help people take quality voice-guided selfies with the 5MP rear camera;
- More content and apps with 4GB of on-board memory, expandable with SD cards up to 128GB, and an additional 15GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive that lets people sync, store, access and share files between Lumia 530 and computers, laptops and tablets.
“The affordable smartphone segment is growing exponentially, driven primarily by youth who are constantly looking out for smartphones with power packed features at affordable prices. We, at Microsoft Devices, are committed towards helping people experience the uncompromised technologies and services that we offer on our Lumia devices. Lumia 530 builds on the legacy and success of Lumia 520 and will help us consolidate our position in this segment further,” said Viral Oza, Director-Marketing, Nokia India, a subsidiary of Microsoft Mobiles Oy.
“With its innovative design, the latest Windows Phone 8.1 and signature Lumia experiences, the Lumia 530 3G Dual SIM is the perfect device for those who are looking for a distinctive smartphone,” he added.
A host of goodies for Indian consumers
The new Lumia 530 will come with a wide range of special offers. Consumers shopping online through the Windows Phone Snapdeal app on Lumia 530 will get Rs. 3000 off from Snapdeal. They also stand a chance to win 6 free movie tickets from BookMyShow when they book seats to any show through the app. Additionally, Airtel prepaid subscribers will get 500 MB of 3G internet free for 2 months.
Tech specs summary:
|Operating System||Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan|
|Display||4.0” FWVGA LCD display|
|Battery||Up to 22 hours standby, 13 hours 2G talk time. Battery capacity: 1430mAh|
|Connectivity||HSPA+ 21Mbps/5.76Mbps, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), BT 4.0, micro-USB|
|Processor||1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200|
|Memory||512MB RAM, 4GB eMMC with up to 128GB micro SD card support|
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (NASDAQ “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
About Microsoft Devices
The Microsoft Devices Group includes award-winning hardware used by over a billion people around the world, including Lumia smartphones and tablets, Nokia mobile phones, Xbox hardware, Surface, Perceptive Pixel products, and accessories.