New Delhi, India – April 3, 2017: Advancing its efforts to digitally transform education in the country, Microsoft India has rolled out #TeachYourChildren powered by MASP Suite (Microsoft Aspire School Program Suite). This value-based offering aims to equip schools with an integrated set of technology and innovative learning solutions, modernize their campuses, drive transformation for enhanced learning experiences and prepare future-ready students.
A recent survey by the company, Digital Transformation in Education, revealed that problem solving, collaboration and digital literacy are among the top skills required by students to adapt to future workplaces. It also indicated that the biggest factor needed to successfully transform teaching and learning experiences was educator skill sets – in particular, being trained to optimize technology in the classroom. Only 31% of educators in the K12 schools surveyed in India believe they have the knowledge to make the most of the available technology, and require tools to drive personalized teaching, manage online classrooms, content and assignments and collaboration among students on projects.
To address this, Microsoft India has curated this first-of-its-kind program to enhance teaching and learning experiences in schools. Tailored to suit the current education scenario in the country, #TeachYourChildren powered by MASP Suite comprises best-in-class programs like:
- MASP: transforms education by modernizing the school campus with state-of-the-art technology solutions from Microsoft.
- MASP+: empowers schools and institutes with innovative devices from iBall along with latest technology from Microsoft.
- MASP Pro: with eFee Online, an e-payment facility empowers campuses to go cashless while extending digital convenience to parents and students.
Speaking about the program, Amit Kumar, General Manager – Small and Midmarket Solutions & Partners, Microsoft India, said, “In today’s digital era, educational institutes must embrace technology to redefine teaching and learning experiences for teachers and students, and make them future-ready. To address this, Microsoft has developed MASP Suite to ensure that educators and students have the tools, resources and expertise to maximize technology’s potential to improve their learning outcomes and success for the future. We are confident that schools across India will be able to empower both teachers and students, and reap tremendous benefits with the adoption of MASP.”
Taking from the learnings of the survey, it offers distinct benefits to educators and students. Benefits for educators include:
- Microsoft Empowered Teacher Sessions: Webinars for teachers to help in content creation, collaboration tools in classrooms, windows apps and coding, new technology concepts such as cloud and IoT.
- Virtual Master Training Programs: IT learning tools for educators to choose from.
Students, on the other hand, can avail of:
- Microsoft Student Associate Engagement: Webinars to gain insights into critical skill areas, productivity tools, windows apps, azure concepts, big data and IoT.)
- Access to Microsoft’s ICT curriculum, which is aligned to National ICT Policy.
Additionally, #TeachYourChildren also offers access to Microsoft Imagine and Microsoft Imagine Academy to all faculty, students and labs on the campus. This will provide institutes access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes.
Forty schools across India have adopted the MASP Suite in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Vadodara and Bhubaneshwar.
For more information on MASP Suite, please visit http://aka.ms/TeachYourChildren
About Microsoft India
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 8,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research and development and customer services and support, across nine Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune.