- Windows 10 Pro modern devices powered by the Intel vPro® platform enhance productivity, security, and manageability
New Delhi, March 15, 2021: Microsoft and Intel today announced the availability of a range of Windows 10 Pro devices powered by the Intel vPro® platform for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in India. Whether in remote or hybrid working models, modern devices can help employees stay connected and productive, safeguard against security threats and manage remote deployments in a fast and flexible manner. Understanding the significant challenges that SMBs face with 4+ years or older PCs in terms of performance, productivity, security and manageability, this new range of modern devices provides them the agility for adapting to a constantly changing world.
Farhana Haque, Group Director – Devices, Microsoft India, said, “As small and medium businesses in the country embrace hybrid models of working, investments in modern technology are accelerating. Businesses today need systems that are robust yet flexible to handle the evolution of the new normal. The new line of modern Windows 10 Pro devices powered by the Intel vPro® platform will give employees the tools to work confidently and securely and help them rise to any challenge. Improving workforce productivity, enhancing security and reducing overall costs are top of mind for SMBs and refreshing older devices periodically can truly help them do more.”
Be more productive:
According to a 2019 TechAisle survey of nearly 2,000 SMBs in India, organizations with PCs that are 4+ years old and running older OS experienced more than double productivity losses as compared to newer PCs. Windows 10 Pro devices powered by the Intel vPro® platform help:
- Multitask seamlessly across apps by up to 35% faster 
- Use applications remotely without issues, reducing app performance by up to 3x
- Increase overall performance by up to 40%
- Collaborate and communicate with ease on Microsoft Teams
- Explore Microsoft Edge, the web browser with world-class compatibility, performance, control, and security
Respondents to the TechAisle survey regarded data protection and recovery as among their topmost IT challenges and security was the topmost feature considered during purchase. Modern devices can help:
- Prevent up to 99.9% of identity attacks by turning on Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Defend from accidental data loss by encrypting business information using Windows Information Protection (WIP)
- Protect device integrity against startup attacks with Windows Defender System Guard
- Protect business information, even on lost or stolen devices with BitLocker encryption
- Minimize risk of malicious code injection with Intel® Hardware Shield
- Reduce impact of interruptions with routine security functions of Intel® Hardware Shield
Around 95% of surveyed SMBs agreed that adopting new PCs has reduced overall maintenance costs. Windows 10 Pro powered by the Intel vPro® platform can save the IT teams of SMBs both time and money with out-of-the-box deployment and remote management capabilities. Modern devices help:
- Reduce support calls by 40%
- Reduce provisioning cycle time from weeks to days with Windows Autopilot and centrally located documents in the cloud
- Improve overall IT efficiency
- Keep devices up to date with latest security defenses and Windows features by directly connecting these systems to Windows Update service
- Reduce overall PC maintenance and administrative costs with Intel® Active Management Technology
Roshni Das, Director – Marketing, Intel India, said, “Hybrid working models are here to stay and Intel remains committed to delivering PC innovation that enables small and medium businesses enhance productivity and security in this new normal. Intel’s vPro platform brings unmatched performance, comprehensive hardware-based security, connectivity, and remote manageability, solving for critical IT pain points and to meet the evolving needs of employees. Combined with our rich ecosystem collaborations, the integrated, built-for-business Intel vPro platform delivers the simplicity, agility, and efficiencies small and medium businesses need for success.”
New Windows 10 PCs are a highly strategic investment for SMBs to succeed in the modern workplace. Some of the latest features in the new devices include:
- Hardware-to-OS security reporting for enhanced security of devices, identities and data
- Solid-state drive (SSD) bootup for swifter startup time than hard drives
- Business-class performance out of the box to improve app performance
- Long-lasting battery life that can help power through the day
- Biometric security sensors (fingerprint readers and infrared cameras) for multi-factor authentication
Dedicated to protecting the safety and health of every person and honoring its commitment to environmental sustainability, Microsoft partners with recycling organizations, joins forces with collection schemes, and works with supply chain partners to facilitate the return and end-of-life management process of devices, batteries, and packaging. Intel is also committed to creating a more sustainable world through their RISE strategy and works with OEMs, retailers, customers, and distributors to identify shared solutions for recycling products.
 Performance results are based on testing as of May 4, 2020, and may not reflect all publicly available security updates. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary.
 Multitasking: As measured by Office 365 Multi-threaded Workload on pre-production 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10810U vs. 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7600U.
 New Windows 10 PCs are a strategic investment for SMBs in the modern world of work – Techaisle Blog
 Overall Performance: As measured by SYSmark 2018 Overall Score on pre-production 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10810U vs. 8/15/19 testing of 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7600U.
 User or IT must activate Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Source: Microsoft 2018 security research as referenced in Microsoft Passwordless Authentication
 The Economic Impact of the Intel vPro® Platform
About Microsoft India
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 13,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research, development and customer services and support, across 11 Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. Microsoft offers its global cloud services from local data centers to accelerate digital transformation across Indian startups, businesses, and government organizations.