To enable service organizations reimagine project management and deliver success with a single, connected solution across functions
New Delhi, November 18, 2020 – Microsoft has announced the general availability of its Dynamics 365 Project Operations solution across India. It has been developed to help service-based businesses in unifying operational workflows to provide visibility, collaboration, and insights to drive success across teams, from prospects to payments to profit. An all-in-one application, it uses real-time analytics to connect and empower leadership, sales, resourcing, project management, and accounting teams with the visibility needed to deliver services to customers on-time and on-budget.
Service organizations often face challenges arising from disparate systems and data silos which impact their success. These issues lead to inadequacies in client expansion, collaboration between project managers, visibility and mobility of team members, workforce optimization, agility among business leaders, and timely billing. Managing projects in different systems results in lack of visibility and transparency, increasing manual processes, lowering accuracy, slowing timelines, cost overruns, and even higher attrition rates. Therefore, service-based businesses are accelerating cloud adoption to benefit from the increased streamlining, productivity and efficiency that comes with cloud-based software and enterprise business solutions.
Rajiv Sodhi – COO, Microsoft India, said, “In today’s evolving business landscape, service organizations are looking for flexible and scalable ways to address their functional requirements. Through Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations, we are committed to helping service-based businesses succeed in a highly competitive market. The solution will help organizations in winning new deals, tracking and managing projects throughout their lifecycle, retaining best people, and increasing profit margins. We believe that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations will truly enable businesses to reimagine project management by bringing together cross-functional teams to deliver differentiated customer experiences.”
Built on the Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365 Project Operations brings together capabilities from Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation, Dynamics 365 Finance, and Microsoft Project. It integrates with an organization’s current enterprise systems helping drive business growth across their sales and delivery processes, without the need to rip and replace existing systems. Businesses can also easily scale Project Operations using Microsoft Power Platform and other Dynamics 365 applications, like Dynamics 365 Marketing, Dynamics 365 Human Resources, and Dynamics 365 Customer Service. It can easily adapt to changing market conditions by connecting with other Microsoft apps and services, including Dynamics 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Microsoft 365.
The solution offers customized capabilities for various functions:
- Leaders get better access to business insights, data, and AI capabilities for faster decision making, and increased visibility. The Power BI tool helps CXOs in understanding upcoming business needs
- Sales is enabled to win more deals and accelerate sales cycle with fast, accurate quotes, flexible pricing, and seamless transitions from estimate to execution. They can also use Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales to improve customer experience
- Project managers can accelerate project delivery with built-in Microsoft Project capabilities. They can also track their project efficiently and collaborate across the project lifecycle using a single management dashboard
- Resourcing and HR can optimize workforce utilization, by aligning right people with right skills to right projects, improving quality and helping retain top performers. Managers can also anticipate resourcing needs with intelligent scheduling
- Finance managers can improve cash-flow by accurately invoicing customers and managing payables, and ensure compliance with published standards and practices. They can also track project spends, and payables with invoicing and purchase order management. Dynamics 365 Finance helps them keep track of key business parameters, viz. revenue, gross margin, and project profitability
- Team members can increase productivity, compliance, & submit, approve, process, and reconcile time and expenses, from anywhere. They can also use Microsoft Teams as a secure hub for all documents, calls, meetings and more
Microsoft has deep expertise and rich history with front office, back office, collaboration, productivity, and project management. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations builds on the company’s depth of expertise and existing applications across all functional pillars of service-based businesses to increase their agility.
About Microsoft India:
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 11,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research, development and customer services and support, across 11 Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. Microsoft offers its global cloud services from local data centers to accelerate digital transformation across Indian start-ups, businesses, and government organizations.