New Delhi, Sept. 23, 2015 — Microsoft India today announced the launch of the Office 2016 apps. These apps are the latest addition to Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based subscription service that helps users do their best work, together. The company also announced new and enhanced Office 365 services built for team productivity.
The way people work today has changed and that’s why Microsoft is focused on reinventing productivity and business processes for the mobile-first, cloud-first world. Office 2016 makes collaboration and teamwork easier than ever before. It is perfect with Windows 10 and is equipped with built-in intelligence. It works for you and is the most secure Office yet.
Speaking at the India launch in New Delhi, Karan Bajwa, Managing Director, Microsoft India said, “We live in a world where infinite devices and data are vying for our finite time and attention. That’s why Microsoft has set a bold ambition to reinvent productivity and business process in this mobile-first, cloud-first world. Today, with the launch of Office 2016 we endeavor to provide our users with a connected set of apps and services designed for modern working and collaboration which they can access easily and across devices.”
The Office 2016 apps run beautifully on Windows 10, including the new Sway to create shareable, interactive stories that look great on any screen. Windows Hello logs you into Windows 10 and Office 365 in one simple step. 1Office 2016 apps with Office 365 deliver new capabilities for better enterprise security and protection.
The New Office 2016 apps make your work easier
Office 2016 provides built-in intelligence to help you work faster and smarter.
- Tell Me helps you quickly find the right Office feature or command, and Smart Lookup bring insights from the web right into your documents.
- Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart-types to help you make the most of your data.
- The most recently used documents list allows you pick up right where you left off, travelling with you across your devices, whether you are working in Office Online, in the Office Mobile apps or in the Office 2016 desktop apps.
- Built-in Data Loss Prevention across Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, significantly reduces the risk of leaking sensitive data with tools for IT administrators to manage content authoring and document sharing policies
The New Office 2016 apps: taking collaboration to a new level
- Co-authoring2 is now provided inWord, PowerPoint and OneNote desktop software, including real-time typing in Word that lets you see others’ edits as they make them.
- Skype in-app integration across the Office Online and rich client appsallows you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- With quick search, Outlook 2016 provides the smartest inbox yet. It automatically moves low priority mail to a different folder. Everyone on the To: line is provisioned with the right access to documents with modern, cloud-based attachments.
- Office 365 Groups are now an integrated part of the Outlook 2016 client app and available on your favorite mobile device through the Outlook Groups app, delivering a consistent team experience across the suite.
- Office 365 Planner enables teams to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update status. First Release to roll out to customers before end of this year.
- GigJam, a new way for teams to accomplish tasks and transform business processes by breaking down the barriers between devices, apps and people, is available in private preview today, and will become part of Office 365 in 2016
Access the new Office 2016 apps from anywhere
- With Office now available across platforms, your Office travels with you in full fidelity with Office mobile apps across Windows, Android and iOS.
- Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 empower on-the-go productivity, additionally Continuum3 allows you to use your phone like a PC.
- Cortana4 connects with Office 365 to help with tasks such as meeting preparation, with further integration with Outlook coming in November.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.