Cohort of 11 tech startups join Microsoft for Startups program
New Delhi, India, 24 August 2021: Microsoft India today announced its collaboration with Invest India, Government of India’s national investment promotion and facilitation agency, to support tech startups in the country. As part of this collaboration, the Microsoft for Startups program will work closely with Accelerating Growth of New India’s Innovations (AGNIi Mission), a program of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and a Mission under the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC) that convenes India’s finest technologies with their potential adopters. Housed and executed by Invest India, AGNIi Mission helps startups become enterprise ready. With support from AGNIi Mission, Microsoft has onboarded 11 startups into the Microsoft for Startups program. These startups span various industries such as agriculture, defense & security, IT/ITeS, e-mobility, waste management and financial services.
Deepak Bagla, MD & CEO, Invest India, said, “Fostering strong ties with the top enterprises in the world to nurture Indian innovation is one of the most important contributions of AGNIi in ensuring India’s continued strength in the global economy. I congratulate the AGNIi Mission for playing a pivotal role in transforming India’s innovation landscape in these unprecedented times of global change.”
The startups selected to be a part of the Microsoft for Startups program will gain access to a plethora of benefits, including Azure credits, as well as support for technology and business acceleration, focused on scaling their growth. Startups will be able to utilize Microsoft technology including Azure, GitHub, and M365, allowing them to quickly build and run their businesses. The selected startups will also get personalized technical sessions, content, and mentorship. Moreover, they will be able to leverage Microsoft’s Azure Marketplace, enterprise sales team, and the rapidly growing partner ecosystem to develop and execute their go-to-market strategies.
Emily Rich, Director of Startups – APAC, Microsoft, said, “The collaboration between Microsoft and Invest India affirms our commitment to the startup ecosystem in the country. Combining the reach of Invest India’s AGNIi Mission with the tech and business resources of Microsoft for Startups, this is an exciting opportunity for startups to accelerate their aspirations for enterprise readiness.”
The startups shortlisted by Microsoft for Startups for the current cohort include:
- Amplearth Packaging & Systems: Enables latest innovations to help manufacture and manage large-scale sustainable and reusable FMCG packaging.
- Arishti CyberTech: Enables security and flexibility within enterprise communications, enabling businesses to share sensitive data smoothly.
- Daybest Research: Provides smart agricultural intelligence and technology to farmers in India and government institutions.
- Go Buzzr (Dev BeeTech): An agritech startup offering an IOT-based smart beehive monitoring system that studies the condition of beehives and communicates through a mobile application.
- Prkruti (Jal Technologies): Specializing in embedded systems, their device tracks, monitors and measures pollution and climatic levels at various locations.
- Sandbird Research & Development: Provider of a smart electric tiller with which farmers can sit remotely and operate vehicles with driver-less remote control technologies.
- Vasudhaika Software (Kalgudi Digital): Provider of a convergence platform for businesses across agriculture & rural livelihoods with a holistic approach that benefits organizations.
- Vecmocon Technologies: Contributes to sustainable requirements of society through technology solutions such as smart battery pack, EV cluster, fleet management, operations motor and motor control.
- Whrrl Fintech Solutions: Empowers farmers, traders and producer companies on blockchain platform in raising working capital to tide over lengthy crop cycles.
- YCLEPT 4E Labs: Provides clean energy, connectivity & local information on the go using eco-friendly smart solutions. It runs on clean energy and can be operated through cloud technology.
- Yuktix Gidabits: Provides clean energy, connectivity and local information on the go using eco-friendly smart solutions. It runs on clean energy and can be operated through cloud technology.
To find out more about Microsoft for Startups, please visit https://startups.microsoft.com/
About Invest India
The most awarded investment promotion agency in the world, Invest India is the advisor, guide, and facilitator to every investor looking to make a home in India. Invest India is the first point of contact for global companies which are handheld from the day they start exploring India as an investment destination and at every step of the way throughout their journey in the world’s most liberal investment destination. From supporting India’s expanding start-up ecosystem to harnessing the power of innovation from India’s laboratories and bringing them to the market or identifying, developing, and deploying technologies on-ground, Invest India’s work covers the entire gamut of India’s transformational business sector. Team, comprised of over 200 of the finest, most talented business professionals handpicked from India’s and indeed the world’s best universities and companies serve as investors’ pro bono guide to developing the best India strategy.
About Microsoft India
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 16,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research, development and customer services and support, across 11 Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune. Microsoft offers its global cloud services from local data centers to accelerate digital transformation across Indian startups, businesses, and government organization.