May 12, 2014, India: Microsoft Devices today launched the much awaited Lumia 630 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1. The first ever Dual SIM Lumia smartphone with quad-core processing and a ClearBlack 4.5” LCD screen, it will be available in stores on May 14, 2014 at a best buy price of INR 11500/-. The Lumia 630 will also be available in a single SIM variant, starting last week of May 2014, priced at INR 10500/-.
nokia lumia 630 dual sim frontcut
May 11, 2014
nokia lumia 630 dual sim front
May 11, 2014
nokia lumia 630 dual sim color
May 11, 2014
nokia lumia 630 dual sim range
May 11, 2014
Speaking at the launch, P. Balaji, Managing Director, Nokia India (A Subsidiary of Microsoft Mobiles Oy) said, “With our Lumia range, we have been successful at showcasing innovation across our flagship devices and then scaling it to more affordable price points. Today, with the Lumia 630, we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft, combined with our Smart Dual SIM innovation. We believe the Lumia 630 Dual SIM is undoubtedly the best smartphone in its price range. It builds on the success of Lumia 520 and 525 and will consolidate our position in the fast growing affordable smartphone segment further.”
The Lumia 630 Dual SIM adds award-winning design and experiences found on high end Lumia smartphones to the leading personalization brought by Windows Phone 8.1:
- The Smart Dual SIM innovation offers the best dual SIM experience on a smartphone across price points. Two separate phone and messaging tiles in different colours keeps calls, contacts, messages and calendars of each SIM separate – helping avoid confusion between the two. One can also link both phone tiles into one and/or link both messaging tiles into one.
- A quad-core Snapdragon processor delivers fast, uncompromised social experiences with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Lumia 630 a great tool for work and play.
- Better entertainment with Xbox games, the latest version of MixRadio, providing free music streaming and Storyteller on the 4.5” ClearBlack screen, which offers better viewing angles and visibility in bright conditions.
- Signature Lumia smartphone features on the Lumia 630 Dual SIM include an outstanding imaging experience with a five-megapixel autofocus camera and advanced imaging applications like Nokia Camera and Cinemagraph.
- The new SensorCore brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- The Lumia 630 showcases a new matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in bold new colors bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- A wealth of storage is available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB using a USD card, allowing people to save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps with ease.
“With high-end technologies and apps, a seamless Windows Phone 8.1 experience, signature Lumia design and a unique dual SIM capability that lets people connect on their terms, we think the Lumia 630 Dual SIM is unbeatable in its range,: said Vipul Mehrotra, Head of Microsoft Smart Devices, IMEA.
A special package for Indian consumers:
The new Lumia 630 will come pre-loaded with premium video app Box TV offering sitcoms, Hollywood, and Bollywood content, free of cost for 2 months, free eBooks worth Rs. 2000 on Flipkart, six free games by Gamesloft for gaming enthusiasts and the NexGTv app for cricket fans, allowing them to live streaming all the IPL action for free. Music fanatics will be able to get their hands on Coloud Pop headgear at a 50% discount. All Vodafone subscribers can also enjoy 1GB of 3G data per month for a period of 2 months on the Lumia 630.
New Gear to enhance the Lumia experience
Also launched today is the Treasure Tag, which uses sensors to keep track of valuables like keys, wallet or bags. The size of a matchbox, the Treasure tag is a small perfectly formed accessory that along with the Lumia 630, will alert users when they are separated from their precious items.
Additionally, Lumia 630 users will also be able pair it with the new, colorful Bluetooth Mini Speaker. This pocket sized powerhouse connects wirelessly using the new easy to use Device Hub app and plays for 15 hours, transforming almost any surface into big-sounding bass. It’s the perfect accessory to help people get the most from MixRadio streaming, videos and games, and also functions as a convenient speaker phone on the go.
The Treasure Tag will be available in select stores across India from May 31, 2014 at an MRP of INR 2099/- , while the Mini Speaker will start selling in the last week of June at an MRP of INR 5499/-.
Tech specs summary:
|Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM|
|Operating System||Windows Phone 8.1|
|Display||4.5” FWVGA display, ClearBlack LCD, Gorilla 3|
|Connectivity||3G & DSDS RoW variant: GSM 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz; WCDMA 2100 MHz, 900 MHz; Speed GSM: EGPRS/296kbps; HSPA+: 21.1Mbps/5.76Mbps|
|Processor||1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400|
|Memory||512 MB RAM, 8GB eMMC with micro SD card support|
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (NASDAQ “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 6,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research and development and customer services and support, across nine Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune. Microsoft is committed to touching and transforming lives and businesses in India through technology.
About Microsoft Devices
Microsoft Devices Group is responsible for the company’s devices strategy, including Lumia smartphones and tablets, Nokia mobile phones, Xbox hardware, Surface, Perceptive Pixel products, and accessories.