- MSIDC expands its third India Development Center in Noida, the new space is spread across 150,000 square feet
- The newest facility will strengthen MSIDC’s presence in India and attract the best talent from premier colleges in the country
Hyderabad/Bengaluru/New Delhi, December 02, 2021: Microsoft today announced the expansion of its India Development Center (IDC) in NCR. Over the past two decades, The Microsoft India Development Center has been growing its footprint in India across cities like Hyderabad, followed by Bengaluru and most recently its third campus in Noida was inaugurated earlier this year in January 2021. Upon realizing the potential, the NCR market holds for technology, Microsoft India Development Center further expanded its third facility in Noida’s KP Towers on Nov 20.
The newest worksite is spread across 150,000 square feet and built to drive digital innovation through expanded teams in Cloud & AI, Experiences and Devices Group, Microsoft Digital Teams, and the new Gaming division have a growing presence in India.
The KP Towers worksite reinforces Microsoft IDC’s commitment to finding global tech solutions through innovation in India. With an increased presence in NCR- the country’s emerging tech-hub- the facility aims to attract a rich tech talent pool from engineering and management institutions to better meet the needs of Microsoft’s customers and create a direct and indirect economic impact in the region.
The project builds upon Noida’s rich industrial heritage and is focused on sustaining the city’s green spaces. Almost 6% of the office space is devoted to indigenous plants. It is also fitted with efficient water and light conservation systems. The base building at KP Towers is rated LEED GOLD, displaying Microsoft’s efforts to build modern workplaces that mitigate its environmental impact.
The design and architecture of the KP Towers office is also locally relevant, with the region’s Okhla Bird Sanctuary serving as its inspiration. Wide, open corridors are fitted with vibrant murals depicting the region’s biophilia. Installations of Greater Flamingos, Closed-Winged Ducks, Cranes, and other bird species at the Okhla Bird Sanctuary are strategically placed to pay homage to NCR’s rich biodiversity. The space captures the brilliance of the outside world, offering panoramic views of the calm, serene waters of River Yamuna. Employees can take advantage of the natural vistas and ample natural sunlight in a facility that’s designed to boost their well-being and leisure while offering flexible, inclusive workplaces that can be endlessly customized to suit their needs.
“The expansion of the India Development Center in Noida is our continued effort to empower every person and every organization on this planet to achieve more. We are set to trigger a new frontier in innovation as we continue to grow our presence across the country. The excellent facilities at the KP Towers workplace provide the right environment for shaping the future of the IT industry in this part of the world,” said Rajiv Kumar, Managing Director, Microsoft India Development Center.
Microsoft India Development Center (IDC) is one of Microsoft’s largest R&D centers outside the Redmond headquarters. Set up in Hyderabad in 1998, IDC drives Microsoft’s strategy of globally shared development to build products and services. With a presence in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and now NCR, IDC houses three technology groups and core engineering services, driving some of the most impactful and innovative work happening across Microsoft.
- Cloud & AI: Responsible for driving the company’s overall AI and Cloud strategy spanning CRM, Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure, cloud infrastructure and development tools, with AI systems’ focus on infrastructure, services, apps, and agents
- Experiences & Devices Group: Works on the software platform, games, apps, and devices that power the Windows ecosystem. This group is also responsible for Microsoft’s global productivity strategy via products and services including Office 365, SharePoint, and Vision
- Microsoft Digital: This team is dedicated to Microsoft employees’ digital transformation on various platforms such as Microsoft Marketing and Microsoft Store systems, Microsoft Customer support (CSS) and customer success units (CSU), Microsoft Consulting (MCS), HR, and Legal. The Microsoft Digital Team also overlooks engineering needs for Internal SAP systems, enterprise data-lake, support for devices and cloud supply chain
- The Gaming Publisher Experience (GPX) team is responsible for ensuring developers and publishers have low friction access to our ecosystem, rich insights into the publishing experience, and a world-class platform to provide their content to Gamers around the world. The team also provides world-class tools and services from Xbox to Azure to empower Microsoft’s game creators.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 16,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research, development and customer services and support, across 11 Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida and Pune. Microsoft offers its global cloud services from local data centers to accelerate digital transformation across Indian startups, businesses, and government organizations.