Two new premium Lumia devices increase productivity and light up Windows 10
SINGAPORE – 31 March 2016 – Microsoft announced today retail availability of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL in Singapore. The newest flagship devices to join the Lumia portfolio and the first to ship with Windows 10, the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL[i] deliver a familiar and consistent experience that extends across your Windows devices, including innovative features like Windows Hello beta for Lumia and Continuum for phones. Combined with stunning HD displays, new PureView cameras with 20 megapixel sensors and triple LED natural flash that shoot 4K video, as well as the latest in processing power, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL represent the best innovation from Microsoft.
“We designed Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL for people who want the most productive smartphones running the most productive operating system,” said Mark Trundle, Microsoft Mobile Devices Segment Lead for Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand. “People like mobile professionals who want a premium phone that can work like a PC now have the perfect partner for their Windows 10 devices in Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. With full Windows 10 and features like Continuum for phone, it’s easy to do more than ever from your phone whether you’re in the office, at home or on the road.”
Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL: Premium and capable handsets
- Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL are the first Lumia phones to come pre-loaded with Windows 10 – delivering on our promise of one familiar and consistent experience that transitions seamlessly across Windows devices from key apps like Office built-in to access to all your stuff via OneDrive and the cloud.
- Both Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL feature Continuum for phones, enhanced by the optional Microsoft Display Dock[ii] accessory sold separately at SGD 158. This Windows 10 feature allows people to use their phone like a PC by connecting it to a monitor and transforming it for larger-screen entertainment, or adding a keyboard and mouse to work like a PC with Windows 10 apps like Microsoft Office, while simultaneously taking calls or performing other tasks.
- As the latest premium handsets, these phones boast superior performance. Both devices feature a QuadHD AMOLED display featuring up to 564ppi, which means photos, videos and even simple reading show up well, even in sunlight.
- Microsoft’s PureView technology is built into both Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL cameras, boasting a 20MP sensor and triple LED natural flash. The camera captures the perfect image, even in the most challenging conditions, and those photos can be automatically synced across all Windows 10 devices with the Windows Photo app and shared easily with friends and family.
- To make this all possible, both phones also have the latest-generation Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processors to get these things done faster.
In Singapore, customers can purchase Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL at the estimated retail price of SGD 898 and SGD 998 respectively, by visiting HandphoneShop, 3 Mobile and GadgetWorld retail outlets, as well as HandphoneShop.com and Microsoft Store online[iii]. From 15 April 2016, customers will also be able to buy from selected Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead retail outlets[iv], as well as M1, Singtel and StarHub[v]. Commercial customers should approach authorised resellers. For more information, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile
[i] Single SIM.
[ii] Display dock available at HandphoneShop, 3 Mobile, GadgetWorld retail outlets, and HandphoneShop.com and Microsoft Store online.
[iii] From 1 May 2016.
[iv] Challenger @ Vivo City, Harvey Norman @ Millennium Walk, and Newstead @ Jurong Point.
[v] Please check with your carriers for details.