Windows 10 continues to be on the fastest growth trajectory, outpacing Windows 7 by nearly 140% and Windows 8 by nearly 400%.
As 2016 begins, Microsoft is excited to bring you more Windows innovations, more incredible devices, and great new Windows apps and games that will deliver more productivity and entertainment experiences across the broadest range of devices.
As of today, there are more than 200 million monthly active devices around the world running Windows 10. And Windows 10 adoption is accelerating, with more than 40% of new Windows 10 devices becoming active since November last year. Windows 10 also continues to be on the fastest growth trajectory of any version of Windows – ever – outpacing Windows 7 by nearly 140% and Windows 8 by nearly 400%. Here are a few fun facts on what people have been doing on Windows 10:
- Over 44.5 billion minutes spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in just the last month.
- Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
- Around 30% more Bing search queries per Windows 10 device vs. prior versions of Windows.
- Over 82 billion photos viewed within the Windows 10 Photo app.
- Gaming continues to grow on Windows 10 – in 2015, gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games on Windows 10. Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs.
These are just a few of the recent highlights for Windows and devices. We’re grateful for a strong 2015 and look forward to delivering more great experiences in 2016!