The new Office takes the work out of working together
BANGKOK, SEPTEMBER 24, 2015 – Microsoft Corp. began the worldwide release of Office 2016. The apps are the latest addition to Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based subscription service that helps people do their best work, together. The company also announced new and enhanced Office 365 services built for team productivity.
“The way people work has changed dramatically, and that’s why Microsoft is focused on reinventing productivity and business processes for the mobile-first, cloud-first world,” said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer of Microsoft. “These latest innovations take another big step forward in transforming Office from a familiar set of individual productivity apps to a connected set of apps and services designed for modern working, collaboration and teamwork.”
Orapong Thien-Ngern, general manager of Microsoft (Thailand) Limited, said, “Technology plays a vital role in driving innovation within organizations and we believe technology can empower every person and every organization in Thailand to achieve more. Today’s launch of Office 2016, the most secured Office, demonstrates our bold ambition to transform the way we live and work in the digital era. Together with our cloud-based service Office 365, Microsoft will continue to enable people and businesses in Thailand to be more collaborative and get things done effectively faster.”
Office 2016 delivers new versions of the Office desktop apps for Windows, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Project, Visio, Publisher, and Access. By subscribing to Office 365, customers can get always-up-to-date, fully installed apps for use across their devices, combined with a continually evolving set of consumer and commercial services, such as OneDrive online storage, Skype for Business, Delve, Yammer and enterprise-grade security features.
Together, the new Office and Windows 10 are the most complete solution for doing. The Office 2016 apps run beautifully on the best Windows ever, including the new Sway1 for Windows 10 to create shareable, interactive stories that look great on any screen. Windows Hello2 logs you into Windows and Office 365 in one simple step. Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 empower on-the-go productivity, and work with Continuum3 so you can use your phone like a PC. Cortana4 connects with Office 365 to help with tasks such as meeting preparation, with Outlook integration coming in November.
Built for teamwork
The Office 2016 apps simplify collaboration and remove barriers to team success.
- Co-authoring5 is now provided in Word, PowerPoint and OneNote desktop software, including real-time typing in Word that lets you see others’ edits as they make them.
- Skype in-app integration across the rich client apps allows you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Office 365 Groups are now an integrated part of the Outlook 2016 client app and available on your favorite mobile device through the Outlook Groups, delivering a consistent team experience across the suite.
In addition, new Office 365 solutions that combine the power of apps and services for better collaboration are coming soon.
- Introduced today, Office 365 Planner helps teams organize their work, with the ability to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates, and update status with visual dashboards and email notifications. Planner will be available in preview to Office 365 First Release customers starting next quarter.
- Significant new updates to OneDrive for Business are coming later this month, including a new sync client for Windows and Mac, which will deliver selective sync and enhanced reliability. Updates also include increased file size and volume limits per user, a new user interface in the browser, mobile enhancements, and new IT and developer features.
- Unveiled earlier this year, GigJam is now available in private preview and will become part of Office 365 in 2016. GigJam is an unprecedented new way for teams to accomplish tasks and transform business processes by breaking down the barriers between devices, apps and people.
Works for you
Office 2016 provides built-in intelligence to help you work faster and smarter.
- Outlook 2016 provides the smartest inbox yet, with lightning-fast search and automatic removal of low-priority mail. Everyone on the To: line has the right access to documents with modern, cloud-based attachments.
- Tell Me helps you quickly find the right Office feature or command, and Smart Lookup brings insights from the Web right into your documents.
- Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart types to help you make the most of your data.
- The most recently used documents list allows you to pick up right where you left off, traveling with you across your devices, whether you are working in Office Online, in the Office Mobile apps or in the Office 2016 desktop apps.
The most secured Office
Office 2016 apps with Office 365 deliver new capabilities for better enterprise security and protection.
- Built-in Data Loss Prevention across Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook significantly reduces the risk of leaking sensitive data, giving IT administrators tools to manage content authoring and document sharing policies.
- Multifactor authentication ensures secured access to content anywhere when you’re away from the corporate network.
- Enterprise Data Protection will be available for the Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 later this year and for the desktop apps early next year, enabling secured content sharing within corporate boundaries.
Availability and requirements
The new Office 2016 apps are available in 40 languages, including Thai, and require Windows 7 or later. Office 365 subscribers can choose to download the new Office 2016 apps as part of their subscription. Automatic updates will begin rolling out to consumer and small-business subscribers next month, and to commercial customers early next year. Office 2016 is also available as a one-time purchase for both PCs and Macs.
Subscribe to Office 365 today and more information is available at https://products.office.com/th-th/home. Log on to https://www.facebook.com/Officeth today to find out more about Microsoft Office.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (NASDAQ “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Established in 1993, Microsoft (Thailand) Limited aims to Make 70 Million Lives Better by enabling Thai people and businesses to realize their full potential through technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. We offer software, services, and devices that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people’s lives. Working with communities and the Thai government, Microsoft and its partners are committed to working closely with organizations and people across Thailand to fully harness the power of technology and innovation.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Thailand News Center (https://news.microsoft.com/th-th-stage/), or keep track of the latest updates through the Microsoft Thailand Twitter account (@MicrosoftTH).
1 Sway is not yet available in Thai language at press time.
2 Windows Hello requires specialized hardware, including fingerprint reader, illuminated IR sensor or other biometric sensors, and may require additional authentication steps in certain configurations. Windows Hello is not yet available in Thailand at press time.
3 Available only on premium Windows Phones. External monitor must support HDMI input. Requires a Continuum-compatible accessory.
4 Cortana experience may vary by region and device. Cortana is not yet available in Thailand at press time.
5 Co-authors must be using Office 2016 or Office Online.
For more information, press only:
Pornravee Suramool or Cheryl Yab
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Thailand
Tel: 0-2627-3501 ext. 110, 206 or 081-735-9213, 098-272-4077
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]