- Strategic partnership sees AIS and Microsoft commit to co-develop 5G-driven cloud innovations for businesses in Thailand
- AIS 5G set to enable and enhance even more cutting-edge capabilities in the cloud – from quick wins in productivity to ready-made and customized enterprise solutions on Microsoft cloud
- Joint skilling program with Microsoft to deepen AIS’ cloud expertise and create impact across hundreds of thousands of customer organizations
Bangkok, 15 June 2021 – Microsoft Thailand and Advanced Info Services PCL (AIS) – Thailand’s leading telecommunication and digital life service provider – have announced a full-scale strategic partnership to drive the growth of Thailand’s digital economy and innovation across Thai enterprises through a fusion of world-class cloud services and Thailand’s best network.
This extensive partnership will see both parties co-develop and offer cloud services that best meet the needs of Thai organizations. Further joint efforts between the two parties will also help accelerate digital transformation across the country’s business landscape through extensive skill development programs within AIS and beyond.
Mr. Jean-Philippe Courtois, Executive Vice President and President, Global Sales, Marketing and Operations, Microsoft, said, “Thailand’s business sector has shown remarkable agility and resilience in these times of change. With many organizations already sharpening their focus on digital strategies for the future, we see Thailand as a country where there is huge opportunity for cloud-based innovation. Our strategic partnership with AIS promises to realize the country’s full potential by combining Thailand’s best network and connectivity capabilities with the world-class, trusted Microsoft cloud to bring every organization’s digital ambitions to life.”
AIS CEO Somchai Lertsutiwong noted, “As a Digital Life Service Provider focused on the key objective of building up digital infrastructure to support national progress, we are extremely excited to announce this collaboration with Microsoft as their Exclusive Strategic Partner in Thailand and a leading digital partner in the ASEAN region. Together, we will drive digital transformation in every industry, and enrich corporate management to effectively deal with the constantly transforming world.
“I am highly confident that Microsoft’s world-class Cloud technology, when integrated with the best AIS 5G and AIS Fibre networks, will produce new kinds of services for Thai corporations with reasonable costs, to be the foundation of smart tech such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) deployed rapidly in new business models. Most importantly, it is being a Digital Transformation Accelerator encouraging the application of digital technologies to support the country in every situation, both in coping with crises and generating sustainable growth in the digital economy.”
Microsoft and AIS have collaborated as partners in Thailand since 2015, enabling AIS to operate as the leading Microsoft cloud service partner with the best performance and user experience delivered on a deeply integrated network infrastructure. With today’s announcement, both companies are moving ahead with initiatives in three key aspects:
- Driving growth in digital solutions: Together, Microsoft and AIS will accelerate adoption and usage of solutions and services across the cloud, data, cybersecurity, and IoT spaces – ultimately enabling Thai organizations of all sizes and scales to confidently move forward and contribute to the growing digital economy in Thailand.
- Advancing digital skills for professionals: Through Microsoft’s unparalleled expertise and resources, AIS will provide its employees with opportunities to develop more advanced ‘deep tech’ skills that enable them to better take advantage of new technological possibilities. In addition to courses and learning materials, AIS employees will be able to receive professional certifications in cloud-related skills, while a special hackathon will be held to bring out the best and brightest ideas that can create positive impact to customers. Furthermore, AIS will also be cascading this in-depth tech expertise to hundreds of thousands of organizations in its network of customers.
- Best-in-class innovations for businesses: Microsoft and AIS will bring together the best of their technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions driven by 5G, cloud, AI, and IoT – including specific product and service combinations that deliver optimized performance for cloud and edge computing. With 5G, advanced data analytics capabilities can answer the needs of mission critical workloads such as robotics in medical services, smart manufacturing, smart buildings, retail, transportation, and logistics. In addition to expanding AIS’ digital ecosystem to encompass more business needs than ever, these co-developed products and services will deliver transformative impact for customers – from ready-made systems that add intelligence to existing operations and facilities to fully-customized offerings that match each organization’s exact needs.
Mr. Courtois added: “The three pillars outlined today represent just the first few steps in our partnership with AIS. Consumers and businesses alike can look forward to discovering even more in the near future. Microsoft will also become an official partner on AIS TheStartUp platform to help promising Thai startups take the next step towards success.”
“This cooperation between AIS and Microsoft is the starting point to build security into Digital Infrastructure, leading to success and many benefits for a variety of industrial sectors to bring about tangible Digital Transformation for corporations. It is another key partnership enabling sustainable national change, driven by the Digital Economy with the joint strengths of AIS and Microsoft,” concluded Somchai.