Microsoft Experience//Financial Services event featuring blockchain development and innovative fintech showcase
Hong Kong – 16 August, 2016 – Microsoft is bringing the weight of its expertise to bear for the benefit of the financial services industry, hosting the Microsoft Experience//Financial Services event at its Cyberport office today. The seminar provided insight into blockchain development and showcased how modern technology is driving disruption and digital transformation in the financial services industry. It was supported by 12 solution partners and well attended by close to 100 customers.
Blockchain is an emerging tool for businesses, industries and public organizations, enabling them to almost instantaneously make and verify transactions—streamlining processes, saving money and reducing fraud. The applications of blockchain are almost limitless, ranging from loans, bonds and payments, to more efficient supply chains, identity management and verification.
The Microsoft Experience//Financial Services event included a keynote address by Marley Gray, Director Business Development & Strategy, Cloud + Enterprise, Microsoft Corp, who said, “Blockchain holds much promise for the financial services industry, but that potential comes with some risks. Microsoft has identified the ways in which blockchain can cause “creative disruption” and the strategies FSI organizations and professionals can employ to ensure they are properly prepared.”
“Microsoft is building an ecosystem that allows participants to quickly learn about blockchain technologies and to experiment and innovate quickly and cheaply,” Gray added. “Microsoft Azure Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) delivers the galaxy’s largest blockchain sandbox for consortiums like R3 and its members to evolve in a cost-effective manner,” he said.
BaaS provides a rapid, low-cost, low-risk and fail-fast platform for organizations to collaborate and experiment with new business processes, backed by a cloud platform. As an open, flexible and scalable platform, Azure supports a rapidly-growing number of distributed ledger technologies that address specific, stringent business and technical requirements for security, performance, compliance and operational processes. Microsoft’s intelligence services, such as the Cortana Intelligence Suite, provide unique data management and analysis capabilities that no other platform offers. The vast Microsoft partner ecosystem extends the capabilities of its platforms and services to fit specific roles and industry needs.
In addition to sharing how blockchain disrupts the financial industry and paves the way for the future of payments, the MSX // Financial Services event also showcased the latest, innovative fintech solutions around digital experience, digital business and future financial services. Together, these solutions will transform the financial services industry in the new era of intelligence.
- Predictive Customer Behavior Analytics – create new sales & marketing strategy, optimize operation efficiency & provide insights for decision making with data from omni-channels
- Secure E-Statement via WeChat/Email – Send e-statements as a regular email attachment or via WeChat, while in compliance with strict regulatory requirements
- Omni-Channel User Experience – Immersive experiences built across multiple platforms to engage customers, drive sales and build loyalty
- Next Generation Payment Methods – Attract a new wave of customers through reliable access to P2P currency exchanges, digital wallets, and mobile payments
- Web Performance Acceleration – Increase conversion rates and improve ad click-through rates for digital lenders, robo advisors, and video banking providers
- AML & Fraud Prevention – Deter, detect, investigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing, market manipulation and fraud
- Cryptocurrency & Blockchain – Smart contracts and bespoke blockchain infrastructure facilitating low-cost, global cross-border money transfers using blockchain technology.
Microsoft Experience is a series of events and solution showcases targeted at verticals and hot tech topics, such as IOT and Cybersecurity. Microsoft MSX // Financial Services is a specialist edition of the Microsoft Experience.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
For further information, press only:
Tel: +852 2804-4437
Hill+Knowlton Strategies for Microsoft
Tel: (852) 2894 6355
Tel: (852) 2894 6207