Hong Kong customers first in Greater China to benefit from Microsoft’s best integrated offering
Hong Kong, 12 September 2017 – Microsoft Hong Kong today announced the general availability of Microsoft 365 and Surface Hub in Hong Kong. Microsoft 365 is a complete, intelligent solution that empowers everyone to be creative and work securely. Surface Hub is a first-of-its-kind, collaboration device designed to help people re-imagine how they work together. Hong Kong customers will be the first in Greater China to get the integrated benefits of these offerings to embrace the modern workplace.
Digital transformation is one of the biggest changes in our lifetime. By 2018, two-thirds of global 2000 CEOs will have digital transformation at the heart of their corporate strategy. In Hong Kong, the recent Asia Digital Transformation Study revealed that empowering employees as a number one priority in digital transformation strategies.
“The workplace is evolving and a new culture of work is emerging. From routine tasks, to creative and critical thinking, from individual productivity to team collaboration, from disparate systems to systems of intelligence with AI embedded for better decision-making, to end-to-end security protection and management,” said Alain Crozier, Chairman and CEO of Microsoft Greater China Region. “Microsoft recognizes the demand for a modern workplace that is digitally-connected, inclusive and engaging, yet secure. To deliver that, Microsoft has created a secure, integrated solution that combines the best of our innovative hardware and cloud productivity services with the launch of Surface Hub and Microsoft 365.”
A complete and intelligent solution that empowers people to be creative and work securely
Microsoft has listened to customers and we understand that they are looking to empower people to embrace this new culture of work. To meet this customer need, Microsoft is enhancing and simplifying the customer experience by bringing together Office 365, Windows 10 and EMS with Microsoft 365.
Microsoft 365 delivers four key benefits:
- Unlocks creativity – Microsoft strives to build technology that unleashes human creativity. Microsoft 365 provides the tools for creators to do their best work with Inking, Voice and Touch embedded in Windows 10. It also enables visualization of information in new ways – whether as numbers, diagrams, 2D or even 3D images – and brings all of these together to surfacing insights using the built-in Power BI app.
- Built for teamwork – Skype for Business makes it easier for people across organizations to communicate boundlessly and conduct more engaging and efficient meetings, whether face-to-face or across different parts of the world. It also enables conferencing participants to share, co-edit and collaborate on documents in real time. With Microsoft Teams, it provides a centralized hub for teamwork that gives individuals and teams the ability to easily collaborate in a more personalized and engaging ways, even on the go.
- Intelligent security – The cyber-threat landscape continues to evolve, and security challenges are real for IT, individuals and businesses. Commercial customers are choosing Microsoft 365 for unmatched security protection and the unique intelligence that only Microsoft can deliver. This intelligent security solution keeps customer data, company data, and IP secure, whilst boosting people’s productivity.
- Integrated for simplicity – In addition to offering IT professionals peace of mind in respect of security, Microsoft 365 also unifies IT management across users, devices, apps and services. As a result, it offers a simplified experience to end users, as well as IT. It integrates with existing infrastructure, enabling IT to consolidate and simplify solutions and save money. Microsoft 365 supports hybrid environments, providing companies with the flexibility to integrate cloud and on-premise solutions.
International customers have already started to deploy Microsoft 365. Mars operates with Microsoft 365 on 80,000 desktops. By the end of 2018, they expect to have all of their employees on Microsoft 365. Accenture is now using Windows 10, Office and EMS at incredible scale today. As part of the Accenture Digital Worker Enablement program, they will deploy more than 400,000 machines running Windows 10 in 2018 – one of the largest implementations of Windows on the planet.
Surface Hub brings the Microsoft 365 experience to life and unlocks the power of the group
Microsoft Surface Hub is a first-of-its-kind collaboration device designed to unlock the power of the group with the best digital tools. With Windows 10, Surface Hub provides a platform to build amazing large-screen apps for group productivity, such as the already-built in custom Office, Skype for Business and Power BI apps. Surface Hub completes our new Surface Family available in Hong Kong.
In both 55-inch and 84-inch models, it features advanced technology for the modern workplace and the flexibility to turn any room into a collaborative space, enabling productivity where people come together to get things done, from large conference rooms to informal huddle spaces. Surface Hub is a fully integrated alternative to costly videoconferencing and digital whiteboard solutions, providing a complete collaboration experience at a competitive price.
Crozier added, “Surface Hub as transformative to group productivity as the PC was for individuals. More than 50% of Fortune 100 companies now use Surface Hub to capture new ideas and improve collaboration and productivity. In Hong Kong, companies including conglomerates, utility companies and international tech consultancy firms are early adopters of the Surface Hub.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Engaging and productive meetings: Walk up and join a Skype for Business meeting with a single tap and share content effortlessly. Send your OneNote whiteboard via email with just a few taps to communicate outcomes and action points. Full 1080p cameras on each side with wide field of view help ensure those joining from afar will benefit from a view of virtually the entire room. The built-in microphone array couples with Skype for Business processing to eliminate background noise, providing clear voice communications.
- Create and brainstorm with others: Surface Hub offers a powerful digital collaboration experience that overcomes the limitations of a physical whiteboard. Based on the OneNote app with 100 points of multitouch and up to three simultaneous pen inputs, you can paste content from other apps, lasso to move content and spread your ideas across an infinite canvas instantly on screen. The ink on Surface Hub is so fluid and responsive that it feels just like pen on paper and advanced touch capabilities recognize up to 100 simultaneous touch points. When you are finished, you can easily save as a OneNote file and email to others.
- Amazing large-screen apps: In addition to the built-in team experiences such as Skype for Business and OneNote, Surface Hub is customizable with a wide array of applications. Universal Windows apps built for Windows 10 shine on Surface Hub and scale to the large screen. Fourth Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors power the experience so apps are smooth and responsive. You can also connect apps from your personal device and drive them from Surface Hub.
Businesses interested in ordering Surface Hub should contact their local reseller for more information and local pricing. For more information about Surface Hub, please visit Microsoft.com/Microsoft-surface-hub.
For more information about Microsoft 365, please visit Microsoft.com/Microsoft-365.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
For media enquiry, please contact:
Microsoft Hong Kong Limited
Tel: +852 2804 4130
Email: [email protected]