- Co-engineered with Red Hat, the solution brings industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform on Microsoft Azure
- A jointly managed Red Hat OpenShift offering in the public cloud running on the scale and power of Azure
- To support organizations with speed, agility, confidence, scalability and choice of infrastructure with lower IT operations costs
New Delhi, October 09, 2020: Underlining a mutual commitment to enable true hybrid cloud computing in India, Microsoft and Red Hat today announced the general availability of Azure Red Hat OpenShift in the country. Jointly managed with Red Hat, Azure Red Hat OpenShift brings an enterprise-grade Kubernetes solution built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux – the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform – to Microsoft’s public cloud, Microsoft Azure.
Azure Red Hat OpenShift provides a powerful on-ramp to hybrid cloud computing, enabling IT organizations to use Red Hat OpenShift in their datacenters and more seamlessly extend these workloads to use the power and scale of Azure services. Businesses can expand resources with public cloud infrastructure while maintaining existing on-premises investments. The two companies are jointly hosting exclusive learning focused webinars and deep dive sessions for IT Pros and developers across the country.
According to Venkatesh Krishnan, Executive Director, Commercial Partners, Microsoft India, “Hybrid cloud technologies are the future of enterprise computing. Through our collaboration with Red Hat, we provide a production-ready public cloud foundation. This offering reiterates our common goal to provide a powerful, supported and trusted choice for developing and deploying hybrid cloud workloads. It will empower enterprises in India to create a hybrid environment that meets their current as well future business needs – providing them the much required agility, scalability and efficiency as they rebuild their businesses.”
Neeraj Bhatia, Senior Director, Sales, Red Hat India and SAARC said, “Red Hat and Microsoft have been working together extensively in bringing forth services and co-developed products to customers across the world. Azure Red Hat OpenShift will lean on the strengths of both the parties, enabling customers to expand container innovation, deploy mission-critical apps with greater confidence and more easily manage and orchestrate cloud-native workloads across a hybrid cloud environment.
Azure Red Hat OpenShift is jointly engineered, operated, and supported by Microsoft and Red Hat. Customers will receive an integrated experience, including unified sign-up, on-boarding, service management and technical support. Additionally, Azure Red Hat OpenShift offers:
- Fully managed clusters with master, infrastructure and application nodes managed by Microsoft and Red Hat without the need of virtual machines. Patching, upgrading, repair, disaster recovery and proactive 24/7 management are all included
- Regulatory compliance certifications similar to other Azure services
- Enhanced flexibility to more freely move applications from on-premise environments to the Azure public cloud via the consistent foundation of Red Hat OpenShift.
- Greater speed to connect to Azure services to leverage other Azure capabilities from the customer’s OpenShift cluster
- Ability to scale on your own terms: Use on-demand pricing, or reserved instances, whichever best meets the need of your workload and business and scale globally.
- The Microsoft ecosystem of GISV partners: an ecosystem of ISV partners at a global scale, breaking down cost barriers to enterprise-class solutions.
- Extended productivity with easier access to Azure public cloud services such as Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Machine Learning and Azure SQL DB for building the next-generation of cloud-native enterprise applications.
About Microsoft India:
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 11,000 employees, engaged in sales and marketing, research, development and customer services and support, across 11 Indian cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. Microsoft offers its global cloud services from local data centers to accelerate digital transformation across Indian start-ups, businesses, and government organizations.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the Red Hat logo, Ansible and OpenShift are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.