Microsoft Ignite 2018 returned to Orlando this year for another news-packed week.
The company’s largest event for IT pros and enterprise developers saw its doors open to more than 26,000 people from 100 different countries.
As the curtains close on a week of executive keynotes, customer voices, announcements and hundreds of sessions, we’ve summarised the highlights from Ignite 2018 below, including the full Keynote which can be viewed below.
- Microsoft shared more information demonstrating how security remains a priority for customers by declaring an end to the era of passwords.
- AI is a force which Microsoft strongly believes can and should be used for good, for the benefit of each and every individual and organisation on the planet. At Ignite, Microsoft announced a collection of new AI and data products and initiatives, including the launch of a $40 million, five-year program called AI for Humanitarian action, AI capabilities for the automation of AI development, and a look at how Shell is using AI to transform its global energy business.
- In addition, Microsoft also released a platform which is capable of building company-specific skills for Cortana.
- New IoT and Edge Computing products were also announced, covering everything from smart spaces to employees more efficient and productive.
- Microsoft also launched the Open Data Initiative with Adobe and SAP to help companies connect, understand, and use their data to create amazing AI-powered customer experiences.
For more information, please visit the official Microsoft Ignite homepage.