REDMOND, Wash. — July 23, 2014 — Microsoft Devices Group today announced the Lumia 530, the most affordable Lumia to date, delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations. It is expected to be available for an estimated retail price of 85 euros before taxes and subsidies, beginning in August 2014.
Available in both single-SIM 3G and dual-SIM 3G variants, Lumia 530 will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced below 100 euros, allowing more people to enjoy the innovations and Microsoft services found in high-end Lumia smartphones, which includes the following:
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 including one-swipe notifications from Action Center, and the fast Word Flow keyboard
- A powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that delivers a fast user experience of favorite apps, gaming and Internet browsing on the 4-inch LCD display
- Seamless integration with Microsoft services such as Skype and Microsoft Office, available right out of the box
- Popular social apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat, plus key gaming apps such as Asphalt 8, available in the Windows Phone Store.
- The dual-SIM 3G variant for easy switching between two SIM cards, helping people manage their data costs
- Smooth performance with signature Lumia apps such as Creative Studio and Glam Me, which help people take voice-guided selfies with the 5-megapixel rear camera
- More content and apps with 4 GB of onboard memory, expandable with SD cards up to 128 GB, and an additional 15 GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive that lets people sync, store, access and share files between Lumia 530 and computers, laptops and tablets
“We are moving quickly to help more people experience the uncompromised Lumia technologies, third-party apps and Microsoft services that we deliver on our flagship products,” said Jo Harlow, corporate vice president of Microsoft Devices Group. “Lumia 530 underscores our commitment to making affordable smartphones for everyone, and introducing more people to the best of Microsoft.”
Microsoft also announced the rechargeable Bang by Coloud speaker. Perfect for enjoying music with friends, Bang by Coloud is portable so people can connect multiple speakers together for a loud daisy chain of sound.
The Lumia 530 comes with changeable cover shells in bright orange, bright green, and stylish neutrals dark grey and white. The Lumia 530 will be available globally and begins rolling out in select markets in August 2014.
About Microsoft Devices
The Microsoft Devices Group includes award-winning hardware used by over a billion people around the world, including Lumia smartphones and tablets, Nokia mobile phones, Xbox hardware, Surface, Perceptive Pixel products, and accessories.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.