REDMOND, Wash. — Jan. 5, 2015 — Microsoft Devices Group on Monday announced the Nokia 215, its most affordable Internet-ready phone. The Nokia 215 is designed to connect and introduce first-time mobile phone buyers to the Internet and new digital experiences. Available in both Single SIM and Dual SIM models, the Nokia 215 will expand the reach of Microsoft services at more affordable prices.
At only $29,* the Nokia 215 will allow more people to access popular Web content and digital services, and enable them to do the following:
- Enjoy online experiences via Opera Mini browser, Bing search, MSN Weather, Twitter and Facebook.
- Stay in touch with friends and family using Facebook and Messenger with instant notifications.
- Connect in new ways with SLAM, which enables content to be shared between devices and callers making hands-free calls using Bluetooth 3.0 and Bluetooth audio support for headsets.
- Delight in the fresh design, durable quality and outstanding battery life — all the features entry-level mobile phone owners have come to trust and love.
- Enter the mobile-first world with all the everyday essentials, including these:
- Built-in torchlight
- Up to 20 hours of talk time
- Outstanding battery life (up to 29 days of standby time for the Single SIM variant and up to 21 days for the Dual SIM)
- MP3 playback of up to 50 hours
- FM radio playback of up to 45 hours
- VGA camera
“With our ultra-affordable mobile phones and digital services, we see an inspiring opportunity to connect the next billion people to the Internet for the first time,” said Jo Harlow, corporate vice president of Microsoft Devices Group. “The Nokia 215 is perfect for people looking for their first mobile device, or those wanting to upgrade to enjoy affordable digital and social media services, like Facebook and Messenger.”
The Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM come in Bright Green, Black and White, and will roll out first in select markets in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe in Q1 2015. The Nokia 215 is expected to be available for an estimated retail price of $29* before taxes and subsidies.
Tech specs summary
|Device||Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM|
|Operating system||Nokia Series 30+|
|Battery||BL-5C, 1100 mAh|
|Talk time and standby time||Talk time: up to 20 hours Standby time: up to 29 days (Single SIM), 21 days (Dual SIM)|
|Connectivity||900/1800 MHz, Micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector, Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM and HSP/HFP profile|
|Memory||Up to 32GB microSD supported|
|Dimensions and weight||116mm x 50mm x 12.9mm 78.7 grams|
About Microsoft Devices
The Microsoft Devices Group includes award-winning hardware used by over a billion people around the world, including Lumia smartphones and tablets, Nokia mobile phones, Xbox hardware, Surface, Perceptive Pixel products, and accessories.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
* Pricing for Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM will vary by market and operator; estimated retail price will be approximately $29 before taxes and subsidies.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://news.microsoft.com. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://news.microsoft.com/microsoft-public-relations-contacts.