Serving veterans and military families
This November, Microsoft is proud to celebrate Veterans Day and Military Family Month. As part of our ongoing commitment to support the military community, we want to ensure that veterans, service members and their families have access to the skills and knowledge they need to obtain and retain jobs that provide financial stability and the opportunity for personal growth.
Microsoft works with partners to provide technology and skills training to empower veterans and military families to succeed in a digital future.
Workshops Visit a local Microsoft Store for career skills workshops designed for veterans and military families
Military discount Active, former and retired military personnel and their families save up to 10% at Microsoft Store
Military Affairs Microsoft helps the veteran community find opportunities in today’s digital economy
Empowering a veteran’s vision of caring
The key to a post-military tech career
Microsoft Software & Systems Academy
Microsoft Software & Systems Academy (MSSA) provides transitioning service members and veterans with critical career skills required for today’s growing technology industry.
LinkedIn for Good
LinkedIn is proud to support the military and veterans community. As you launch the next stage of your career, or as your family moves from base to base, we’re offering eligible service members, veterans and military spouses one year of free access to LinkedIn Premium and LinkedIn Learning.
Team Rubicon and Microsoft Philanthropies
Team Rubicon’s 73,000 volunteers, roughly 70 percent of whom are military members, have delivered support in 230 disaster responses worldwide. Microsoft has entered a new strategic partnership with Team Rubicon to integrate the nonprofit’s core functions — from volunteer management and resource deployment to data analysis and mobile communication — on Microsoft technology.
Career Pathways for employers
Microsoft is committed to creating a digital economy that benefits everyone, including our veterans and military families. Our Career Pathways work brings together a diverse group of partners working together to reshape the labor market for the 21st century. If you are an employer wanting to help reimagine the labor market and find and retain skilled workers, including veterans and their families, get involved with Career Pathways.
- Microsoft Starts First-Ever Military Spouse Technology Program
- Microsoft continues its commitment to military community with launch of the Military Spouse Technology Academy
- This program could lead to IT careers for military spouses with starting salaries of $70K
- How Microsoft Trains Veterans to Thrive in I.T.
- Microsoft helps veterans transition to $70k IT jobs
- Geek of the Week: Ex-Marine Solaire Sanderson combats new threats in Microsoft’s Cyber Defense Operations Center
- Microsoft and USO join together to help transitioning service members
- This Microsoft training fast tracks veterans into sweet tech careers
- Microsoft Software & Systems Academy meets milestone with opening at Camp Lejeune
- Microsoft brings series of YouthSpark events to U.S. military bases
- Microsoft Military Affairs plays a critical role in building the workforce of tomorrow
- Microsoft celebrates promotion of employee Doug Pierson to USMCR Brigadier General
- Mission ready: JDog helps veterans take a bite out of business ownership