What’s new with Microsoft 365? This page contains the latest news, images, videos and press materials.
Microsoft 365 Products and Services
Viva Sales easily integrates with the CRM of your choice whether you are a Dynamics 365 Sales user or a Salesforce user
Enable seamless learning experiences in Viva Learning by integrating content directly from LinkedIn Learning Hub
Many workers feel that they need to leave a company to develop their skills—but that they’d stay longer if they could learn and grow right where they are
Teladoc Health custom app built using Azure Communication Services enables care providers to connect with patients from Teams
The new Microsoft Whiteboard now offers a rich set of capabilities that bring visual collaboration to life in Teams, including collaboration cursors, more than 50 new templates, contextual reactions, and the ability to open existing boards and collaborate with external colleagues in Teams Meetings.
With Microsoft Teams Connect shared channels, multiple organizations can now work together as one team in a shared workspace for seamless collaboration. You can assign tasks, share documents and easily invite external members to join without the need to create a new team or switch tenants.
We are updating Outlook to allow you to RSVP to meetings and note whether you plan to join in person or virtually.
The front row feature brings the video gallery to eye level at the bottom of the screen so people in the meeting room can see remote colleagues in a more natural face-to-face interaction.
Real-time personalization gives retailers the ability to offer more relevant options and makes it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for
While frontline workers say they feel more bonded to one another, most say culture and communication need to be better prioritized from the top
Frontline employees in Japan, U.K. and Germany, and those in the manufacturing, auto/transportation and energy industries, are most concerned stress at work will stay the same or get worse in the year ahead
Between March 2020 and November 2021, the monthly use of Microsoft Teams on the frontline grew by 400% in the aggregate, with the most growth in healthcare, financial services and media and communications
Employees in some industries and countries are lacking the tech and training they need to do their jobs effectively
Future of Productivity
Notes and Tasks
SharePoint & OneDrive
Work Trend Index
Yammer and Stream
Microsoft 365 Videos
Microsoft 365 Product Information
A Guided Tour of Microsoft Teams
COVID-19 and Hybrid Work Resources
- Envisioning Hybrid Work with Microsoft
- Navigating the complexities of hybrid work together
- Microsoft: Responding to COVID-19 together
- COVID-19 Business Resource Center on LinkedIn
What is Microsoft Viva?
Microsoft Viva is the first employee experience platform built for the digital era. Microsoft Viva brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources and insights into an integrated employee experience that empowers people and teams to be their best, from anywhere. Microsoft Viva is powered by Microsoft 365 and experienced through Microsoft Teams, as well as other Microsoft 365 apps such as Outlook.
Research shows employees are happier when they carve out time for wellbeing, feel connected to their organization, have opportunities to learn and grow, and can get in a flow state. Microsoft Viva addresses all these needs by integrating solutions right where people work in Microsoft 365 and Teams, empowering employees both personally and professionally.
How is Microsoft Teams performing?
Microsoft Teams is the de facto standard for collaboration and has become essential to how hundreds of millions of people meet, call, chat, collaborate, and do business. As we emerge from the pandemic, we are retaining users we’ve gained and are seeing increased engagement too, interacting with Teams 1,500 times per month on average. In a typical day, the average commercial user spends more time in Teams chat than they do in e-mail, and the number of users who use four or more features within Teams increased over 20 percent year over year.
Teams is becoming a ubiquitous platform for business processes. Monthly active enterprise users running third party and custom applications within Teams increased nearly 60 percent year over year. And, over 55 percent of our enterprise customers who use Teams today also buy Teams Rooms or Teams Phone. Teams Phone provides the best in class calling and PSTN users have grown by double-digits for five quarters in a row.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is Microsoft’s flagship productivity cloud, across work and life. Designed to help you achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security, Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based, subscription suite of applications and services, with offerings for enterprise, SMB, education and personal users. To learn more, visit Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft 365 enterprise offerings bring together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, delivering a complete, intelligent and secure solution to empower employees. It represents a fundamental shift in how we will design, build and go to market to address our customers’ needs for a modern workplace.
- Microsoft 365 Business plans are solutions designed for small and midsize businesses (SMB), bringing together the best-in-class productivity and collaboration capabilities of Office 365 with device management and security solutions to safeguard business data. Microsoft 365 Business is delivered as a subscription-based service that is designed to be managed by you or a trusted partner – so you can save on capital expenses, scale as you grow, and get the IT expertise you need to run your business better.
- Microsoft 365 for Firstline Workers, called Microsoft 365 F1 or F3, helps organizations connect their Firstline Workers with the rest of the company and close long-standing technology gaps that often separate these workers from the tools, resources, and expertise they need to do their best work. Organizations are extending digital transformation efforts to all levels of the organization. They are prioritizing the employee experience of all workers and empowering their Firstline Workers with intuitive and secure apps and services that enable continuous productivity, simplify communication, and support greater self-service. Microsoft is in a unique position to help companies of all sizes to help employees work more simply and productively, solve problems, and collaborate with a shared purpose.
- Microsoft 365 Personal and Family are productivity subscriptions for your whole life that empower you to make the most of your time, bringing together the Office apps you know and love into a complete personal productivity solution. The new Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscriptions add more experiences and value to help you become a better writer, presenter, designer, manager of your finances and deepen your connection to the people in your life.
- Microsoft 365 Education offers free access to Microsoft 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Sway, etc.) and Microsoft Teams for Education to schools as part of the company’s ongoing support for educators, especially during remote and hybrid learning. To date 183,000 learning institutions in 175 countries are using Microsoft Teams for Education, which was built for educators and students to serve as a digital classroom hub with AI-powered videoconferencing, document collaboration, teacher controls, accessibility, and security features. You can read more about these features here.
Why did you rebrand Office 365 to Microsoft 365?
Over the last couple years, Microsoft 365 has evolved into our flagship productivity suite, so we are creating an experience to help you get the most out of Microsoft 365. In the coming months, Office.com, the Office mobile app, and the Office app for Windows will become the Microsoft 365 app, with a new icon, a new look, and even more features.
What is Microsoft 365 Personal and Family?
Microsoft 365 Personal and Family are productivity subscriptions for your whole life that empower you to make the most of your time, bringing together the Office apps you know and love into a complete personal productivity solution. The new Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscriptions add more experiences and value to help you become a better writer, presenter, designer, manager of your finances and deepen your connection to the people in your life.