By Lisa Boch-Andersen, Senior Director for Communications Europe
In a time of economic transformation, Microsoft is contributing to the European economy by making significant investments towards innovation, businesses and people. Europe has influenced Microsoft’s evolution through the last decades, and today we are operating in this area extensively, having grown from 1,800 employees in 1998 to more than 18,000 today.
Check below our latest infographic covering some of key investments in the region across a wide range of sectors.
- Innovation: Our strategy in Europe focuses on what can be achieved locally and scaled globally. We support the EU R&D Investment agenda and partner with government, industry and society to build opportunities and competitiveness.
- Education & Community: We believe Europe has extraordinary potential thanks to its interconnectedness, educated work force, and diversity. We do everything we can to enhance them, notably through YouthSpark.
- Health: We work with health professionals, governments and health innovators to improve health infrastructures, capacity, and tech-based equipment, hence building a healthier Europe.
- Environment: We are committed to the reduction of energy consumption by building technologies that help people, businesses and governments be more energy efficient.
- Businesses: We partner with European businesses to help the region face its societal challenges and achieve its ambitions through technology. Together with our business partners and customers, we are leveraging our extensive ‘ecosystem’. Our Azure cloud platform and local investments, like the recently announced €170m million expansion of our mega data centre in Dublin, contribute to trigger economic growth.
Feel free to tell us what you think on Twitter!