Industry veteran Rob Behennah joins Microsoft from Salesforce to help companies drive digital transformation in their organizations.
SINGAPORE, 20 October 2016 – Microsoft today announced the appointment of Rob Behennah as the new General Manager for its Services Group in Asia Pacific, effective 21 November, 2016.
He joins from Salesforce, where he has spent the last four years in regional leadership positions. Most recently, he was Senior Vice President of the Customer Success Group for Japan, and prior to this, held a similar position in their Australia and New Zealand business.
At Microsoft, Behennah will be responsible for the strategy, consulting and support of Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers across 12 countries in the Asia Pacific region. He succeeds David Vander, who, after four-and-a-half years, has been promoted to Worldwide Industry Lead for Microsoft Services.
During his 25-year professional career, Behennah has built a successful track record in delivering outstanding results in customer adoption, revenue protection and growth at companies such as Cap Gemini, Lotus Software, IBM, SAP and Salesforce. Having spent the last 20 years working in the Asia Pacific region, he comes with a deep understanding of its cultural diversity.
Behennah joins Microsoft at a period of significant transformation for both customers and the company. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella recently announced that the company is infusing intelligence across its offering with a new slew of products and services which will span security, productivity, intelligence and the cloud, making it easier for IT professionals to drive digital transformation throughout their organization.
“I am extremely passionate about customer success and excited to have this opportunity to lead Microsoft’s Services team in Asia Pacific, especially during this time of transformation for the company. I look forward to helping businesses tap the potential of new technologies to drive their digital transformation process through creative solutions,” Behennah said.
Behennah is one of several senior, high-profile industry executives who have chosen to join Microsoft in the last 18 months:
- In February, Samsung SDS’ President and CEO, Alfred Koh (Soondong Koh) left the company to join Microsoft Korea as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- In December 2015, Managing Director for Asia Pacific and Japan of Google’s Cloud Platform, Ricky Kapur, left the company to join Microsoft as General Manager for its Enterprise and Partner Group in Asia Pacific.
- In October 2015, Area Vice President of Salesforce, Simon Davies, left the company to join Microsoft as Vice President of its Business Solutions division.
- In July 2015, Dell’s Vice President of Asia Pacific and Japan, Barrie Sheers joined Microsoft New Zealand as Managing Director.
- In April 2015, K Raman, Oracle Corporation’s Regional Managing Director for ASEAN and South Asia Growth Economies joined Microsoft Malaysia as its new Managing Director.
President of Microsoft Asia, Ralph Haupter commented: “Asia Pacific continues to be one of the fastest-growing and most important regions for Microsoft, offering unprecedented opportunity, a unique set of challenges and amazing diversity. We need strong leaders to realize the potential in this region and, in Rob, I believe we have secured the best. He is a seasoned, highly-capable business leader that brings relevant and valuable industry experience. Most importantly, he is deeply passionate about enabling success for our customers, partners and employees.”