Over the last 13 months, we’ve had a tremendous response from consumers in Asia Pacific to Office 365 Home Premium. With more than 3.5 million subscribers globally and counting, Office 365 has become the go-to cloud-based productivity solution for consumers today.
Today we are launching Office 365 Personal, a new addition to our Office 365 line-up for consumers, available in all Asia Pacific markets where Office 365 is already available. Designed for the individual, Office 365 Personal allows for one PC or Mac and one tablet (including iPad) to be connected to the service.
At a suggested annual subscription rate of US$69.99 per annum*, Office 365 Personal delivers the familiar features of Office across multiple devices and enables consumers the freedom to get things done at home, work, school, or on the go – from multiple devices.
In addition, Microsoft will continue to offer Office 365 Home Premium subscription for households, now rebranded as Office 365 Home from today. With the same annual subscription rate at US$99.99 per year*, Office 365 Home is perfect for households with multiple devices as it allows five PCs or Macs and five tablets (including iPad) to be connected to the service.
Office 365 Personal and Home usher in a new world of work and play by offering the most complete set of Office applications across multiple devices – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access:
- It works across devices. Office 365 works beautifully with touch, pen or keyboard on Windows PCs, Windows tablets, Macs, iPads, as well as Windows Phone, Android and iOS smartphones. Additionally, with Office Online, you can create, read, edit and share your Office docs on any popular device.
- It’s in the cloud. Office 365 is in the cloud, so when you sign in, your documents – and even your personalized settings – are always available wherever you are.
- It’s more powerful than before. Office 365 includes many new features to keep you connected and productive. Powerful new features include: People Card aggregates all your contact information from different sources, including your social networks, in a single place; Read Mode optimizes your documents for reading on a tablet; Last Location lets you pick up right where you left off when using Office across multiple devices; PDF Reflow lets you to use information from PDFs in Office docs; Presenter View gives you a command center for presentations; and Flash Fill eliminates wasteful time spent on data entry.
Office 365 Home and Personal subscriptions give users these additional subscription benefits:
- Additional 20 GB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month for the main account holder – so you can call any mobile, landline or PC in the world**.
- All future feature upgrades to Office applications, so that users’ copies of Office are always up-to-date with the latest versions from Microsoft.
By offering Office 365 Personal, in addition to Office 365 Home, we are better positioned to deliver the right Office to a broader range of households–whether it’s an individual or a family of five.
Adding to the demand for Office productivity tools on all devices, we recently announced Office for iPad’s availability for download at the iTunes App Store. In the first week of launch, there were more than 12 million downloads!
Office for iPad lets users read, view and present documents, spreadsheets and presentations for free. With an Office 365 Personal or Home subscription, users can now unlock the power to edit their documents on-the-go and enjoy the robust capabilities and familiar look and feel that is unmistakeably Office, while enjoying a fantastic touch experience that Microsoft has built from the ground up for iPad.
Customers today can buy Office 365 Personal and Office 365 Home at authorised retailers across Asia Pacific or via the Microsoft Store at www.microsoftstore.com***. If you’re still not sure, try it for free for one-month at www.office.com.
We’re confident that this announcement will deliver the right Office to a broader range of consumers – whether it’s a family of five or an individual. We’re committed to delivering a great Office experience to all of our customers and believe that giving them the flexibility to choose an Office 365 subscription that fits their unique needs is the best way to do that.
We look forward to your continued support and feedback.
— Reed Wotiz, Director, Office Consumer and Small Business, Microsoft Asia Pacific
* Please check with your local authorised retailers for local pricing of Office 365 Personal and Office 365 Home
** Skype world calling minutes only applicable for selected markets
*** Microsoft Store is available at selected countries. For full listing, please visit http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/DisplayWorldWidePage/
Tags: Cloud, Digital Life, Mobility, Office, OneDrive, Skype, Social