1 lb spaghetti
2 tsp olive oil
4 oz chopped pancetta
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 c whipping cream
1 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
8 large egg yolks
1/4 c fresh sliced basil
1/4 c fresh sliced Italian parsley
4 c shredded roast chicken
1/2 c chopped toasted walnuts
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti, and stir occasionally. Cook until it is just tender but still firm (about 10 minutes). Drain.
2. While the pasta is boiling, heat oil in a large, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and garlic, and sauté until they are brown and crisp (about 8 minutes). Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks, basil, and parsley.
4. Add the chicken to the pan with the pancetta and garlic, and stir to combine.
5. Add the spaghetti and the cream mixture to the pan, and toss everything together over medium-low heat until the chicken is heated through and the sauce coats the spaghetti (about 4 minutes). Be careful not to overheat the sauce or the eggs may scramble.
6. Season with pepper and salt to taste (the pancetta will likely add all the salt you need).
7. Transfer the pasta to a large, wide serving bowl. Sprinkle with the walnuts and lemon zest, and serve.